Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Nose/mouth bong hitting technique

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Potentcy, Mar 20, 2012.

1. #1 Potentcy, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2012
    I dunno if it's got a name, but it's when you're hitting a bong, you inhale using lung power (like your normally would), then switch to your throat to continue drawing smoke into the chamber, while spontaneously exhaling air from your lungs through your nose, then after switch back to hitting it from your lungs, clear it, then exhale the biggest hit ever.

Make sense?

It gives you a huge hit because you can empty out the air in your lungs completely while continuously pulling smoke up the neck of the bong before snapping the bowl and clearing it.

Does anyone do this? Cuz I've never met anyone who also does this and none of my friends can do it but its awesome.

2. Maybe I'm just hella baked right now, but I just can't picture that

3. When you hit a bong, you inhale like you would any other session and light the green. Whenever you're about to inhale ever more and grab your bowl while letting your mouth out and exhale and then inhale and inhale all the smoke.

4. #5 Deleted member 409203, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2023

• Like Like x 1

5. If I read what you're saying correctly, the smoke gets stale that way and it doesn't look as cool :smoke:

6. It's not about looking cool, but I could understand the stale part, but you can put your arm over the hole where you inhale.

7. I think that's called circular breathing, which is pretty fucking difficult to do. And if you can do that, shit go learn the didgeridoo or flute or something. Be a boss, play a continuous note forever, get money and bitches.

8. It's not about looking cool? Lol okay man. Why look cool when you can look like wack, right? Yeah!! fuck ghosts and smoke rings too, its not about looking cool. Okay bud. :confused:

and Putting your hand over the hole does absolutely nothing because the air rushes in as soon as your remove your lips.

9. Just don't exhale and ruin the bud.

10. Wait soo you take a bong rip, then once you are about to exhale, you switch it so it goes through your nose.. Then you clear the bong again?

11. #12 Doadies, Mar 20, 2012
    [quote name='"ModestMau5"']I think that's called circular breathing, which is pretty fucking difficult to do. And if you can do that, shit go learn the didgeridoo or flute or something. Be a boss, play a continuous note forever, get money and bitches.[/quote]

From what he described, it's the opposite as circular breathing.

Circular breathing is for instrument players to hold a note longer, by exhaling through the mouth while inhaling through the nose.

He's talking about sucking in smoke using your mouth to fill the bong while exhaling through the nose, then switching back to your mouth and continue inhaling.

I don't know if it's possible.. because for circular breathing to work you puff your cheeks out, then while using your cheek muscles you push the existing air in your mouth through the instrument while inhaling through your nose, once the lungs are filled again, you switch and continue exhaling through your mouth using the air in your lungs.

You can only suck in the amount of smoke your mouth can fill, while exhaling through the nose.. so you wouldn't fill the bong again with another huge hit, just a little one but once you start inhaling with your mouth the bong would fill.

Don't do this for a long time because you'll pass out from lack of air

12. #13 Fëanor, Mar 20, 2012
    Edit: ahhhh, I have now learned how to read. Yay I can read!

13. You don't really have to circular breathe, just inhale then exhale out you nose and inhale again without taking your mouth off the bong, gets you ripped for sure.

14. I only pack what I can clear in one pull. But, I do breath out through my nose when I am hitting it right before I noticed the smoke make it's way up the tube to my mouth. Not at the same time, I stop hitting the bong, but I don't move it from my mouth and I breath out fully through my nose.

That way, whatever air I was sucking in lighting the bowl and pulling the smoke through will be exhaled, leaving room for a ton of smoke.

15. I do know what you mean but that is hard to do. There is a plate at the top/back of your mouth and you control it to change breathing through your nose or mouth. With a lot of practice you can balance it in between which means you can breathe in/out through your nose and mouth at the same time. But you can't breathe out through your nose and in through your mouth at the same time.

Either way, just rip it.

16. #17 cocopuff65, Mar 20, 2012
    [quote name='"Potentcy"']I dunno if it's got a name, but it's when you're hitting a bong, you inhale using lung power (like your normally would), then switch to your throat to continue drawing smoke into the chamber, while spontaneously exhaling air from your lungs through your nose, then after switch back to hitting it from your lungs, clear it, then exhale the biggest hit ever.

Make sense?

It gives you a huge hit because you can empty out the air in your lungs completely while continuously pulling smoke up the neck of the bong before snapping the bowl and clearing it.

Does anyone do this? Cuz I've never met anyone who also does this and none of my friends can do it but its awesome.[/quote]

Yeah.. I tend to purchase pieces that are a wee bit too big for me to comfortably clear on one breath.... Leading me to teach myself a similar method to this

17. Yeah, this isn't anything new. I mean how else are you going to take a proper hit off a 4+ ft bong?

There is a difference in suction when you extract the smoke from bowl to chamber and when you inhale from chamber to lung. Makes the most sense to smoke like this to me, unless you want to take a smaller hit for whatever reason.

18. i know exactly what you mean and ive only ever hit a bong 2-3 times but i always automatically do it, its weird as anything but then everyones like: 'da fuck u can breath while hittin da bong??!!'

19. sounds like circular breathing- played the didgeridoo for a few years.