Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Nose bleed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by superman69, Aug 22, 2010.

1. So i just take a hit and immeadietly following my nose started bleeding, has this ever happen to any of you

2. does anyone else have great ideas

3. Nope. I've got nosebleeds from some white columbian weed (if you know what I mean) but never from marijuana. It's probably from the changes in pressure inside your head when you took the hit. But I'm no doctor... or am I...

4. [​IMG]

I RIDNT RO

5. that sounds pretty good man thank you

6. Was it the first time you hit the weed? or were you smoking before this happened. Maybe from coughing? High Blood Pressure? Who nose (pun intended)

7. this happened to my mate a while back.. it would happen everytime we smoked for about two weeks or so.
    i asked the question on here, and i think the best answer i got was that it might be a damaged blood vessel in your nose, and because smoking increases your blood pressure it can cause it to bleed.
    nothing serious i dont think, and it eventually stopped happening to my friend.
    i could be wrong though.
    good luck and i hope i helped

happy toking :bongin:

8. hahahahahahahahaha the pictures in this thread are so funny. xD

and nah man, chances are the nose bleed and smoking were totally unrelated.

9. That is correct, sorta. The initial smoking of cannabis will cause an increase in blood pressure. But chronic use over time shows that it actually lowers blood pressure.

10. haha the pics are pretty funny makes you laugh a lot when your really high, and thanks for the responses guys

11. ahh okaay, thanks for clearing that up, as i said, i could be wrong :smoking:

12. it that good? is low blood pressure good? haha

13. too high and too low of blood pressure is bad.

14. Smoking Marijuana Can dry out your mouth and nose very easily. therefore the nose becomes more fragile to nosebleeds

15. #18 Dr RealGood, Aug 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2010
    It's good if you have high blood pressure. But a blood pressure that is too low is bad too. Your blood pressure is a combination of two numbers, systolic pressure and diastolic pressure. The normal blood pressure for an average human is 120/80 mmHg (measured in millimeters of mercury) A blood pressure that is too low, called Hypotension, can cause dizziness and fainting and will eventually lead to shock and death.

16. i thought mercury was poisonous ): agh i should've payed more attention in class.
    so if i smoke too much weed, i'll get low blood pressure?

17. No, smoking too much weed will lower your blood pressure but not enough to cause you any harm. The only thing smoking too much weed will do is hurt your wallet, your fridge, and put you to sleep.