Northwest Indiana when to harvest?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by IBcrow, Oct 8, 2011.

1. im in northwest indiana (DeMotte, zip code 46310) i was wondering if there is any weather that would damage my plants this late in the season, and if that is coming my way, because i could harvest now if i HAD to and still get good bud, but i think it will only get better from here.

2. Check your trikes.

If you can harvest now then check daily for any problems like mold. Go as long as you can until you see any problems. Check daily.

Wind and rain can pound wet heavy buds right into the ground if not staked or caged up. Check for mold and worms like a hawk.

3. Keep a close eye on the weather. It's supposed to stay nice until next Friday. Temps will start dipping down into the 40's overnight.

I'm not far from you (40 miles south). mine are still out and being checked everyday. If they've been outside all year, they should be able to stand a couple of good frosts, but when it dips down too cold they are screwed. This weather we've had this past week has really helped out my crop because they are definitely not ready. tikes are cloudy but only a very little bit are amber. Maybe another week. two weeks if the weather holds out.

Listen to 5150. I went out this morning and I found 4 buds with worms inside. Look for pistils that are brown and dying more than any other around it. If you open the bud, you'll probably see a little worm inside the bud. take it off and throw it away.

4. thanks for the help guys, already had to harvest, most fucked up shit imaginable happened the other day. i woke up, walked downstairs and half the woods i had my crop in was IN FLAMES. went out and looked at it, never made it to my plants, but the leaves had gotten dried out and curly so i just pulled it. mature buds, but not to the point i would have liked, most of the pistils had just started fattening and receeding, trich's were lightly amber for the most part lil bit of milky and a clear one here and there, very sparse for the clears though.currently its all trimmed and sitting in a jar with some air space and a silica packet sitting on a piece of screen inside the jar to keep it from contacting the bud. ( have to keep this shit hidden, otherwise itd be air drying still)
    gonna take the silica out tuesday morning probably and start with sealed jar and burping an hour a day till next tuesday.

5. I'm over in OH, mine are getting cut today, and tomorrow. ( silver haze)