Northern Lights xBig Bud in RDWC

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by FarmerJames, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Well after my cut I took the whole plants and cut them at the base into managable segments and hung them up in my tent to dry. I read accounts of drying the plants whole to produce the best end result. I couldn't manage whole plants but I didn't trim them initially either. Just cut at the base of the plants to produce managable pieces to hang.

Eight days of drying in the tent with temp & RH ranging from 65F/70% to 74F/50% I found most of the buds to be dry on the outside but still a bit soft on the inside. That is most of them. I did find some that are a bit crunchy and some that are a bit more wet than I expected. Given the enclosed space and the circulation this suprised me.

I have trimmed them and moved them to quart mason jars to cure. I read the sticky on curing in mason jars and using the Caliber humidistat to monitor them. I ordered 3 of the Calibers... I didn't expect to fill 24 mason jars.... All of the popcorn is still on a screen in my tent.

I weighed the buds only. Trimmed as in the pics. I know there is still a bit of moisture in them that will dissipate in the curing process. I weighed them as I filled the jars.... 14.4oz.... Somewhat more than I expected..... I haven't weighed the popcorn yet.

I have sampled a bit of the smoke and maybe it came out reeeealy good or maybe I am just an optimist. I am going to share some with some fellow patients and see what they have to say before I pass judgement.

What a ride! I can't wait to start my next run!

2. BTW: That is one of four trays used when trimming.

3. I just read your entire thread man.... this is super exciting. I think you did a heck of a job.

I cannot wait to get my card finalized and do another grow. It's been years and this stuff gets me stoked!

4. Thats awesome im pretty jealous...I always wanted to try a big bud/gigabud variety. almost a pound not bad at all!

5. Thanks Brother,

It was a journey. I encourage you to get your grow going. For me the grow process is therapy in itself. I love caring for my girls. I am preping for my next adventure today. Expanding my grow space a bit and looking at either making a few improvements to my RDWC or maybe trying Blumats & coco.

Ping me if there is anything I can help with.

Peace.

J.

6. Apprecieate it!!

Was a fun strain to grow. The girls nearly ran me out of a 5x5 tent. Final weight including popcorn was closer to 19oz. Turned out to be some fairly potent smoke, hash & butter.

I would encourage you to try the BBxNL cross but probably steer you away from the auto flower. Auto seemed simpler at the beginning but I think the control of a photoperiod strain is preferable.

Have fun!

J.

7. Farmer James I see u had a nice harvest but what did u get per plant if u dont mind the ? Sir. I got 2.5 Oz or jus a lil over so I know this strain has a lot of potential I just wanna grow it on soil second time around b/c I didnt enjoy the taste as much as I did the looks.

8. #68 FarmerJames, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2012

I didn't measure each plant. I weighed after trim & dry for 7-10 days. I pulled around 19oz total, from 4 plants, including the popcorn buds.