Northern Lights xBig Bud in RDWC

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by FarmerJames, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Looking very nice! What nutes are you using, those roots look awesome.

2. Thanks Case,

I am using General Hydroponics Flora Bloom & Flora Micro following the Lucas Formula.

3. #43 FarmerJames, Jun 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2012
    Day 80:

Breeder said 60-65 days seed to harvest...... I am really hoping to harvest next week.... Take a look at the pics and let me know if you think they are mature?

Edit: The pistils don't look amber in person like they do in the pics. Lighting maybe?/

4. Looks like they are getting close to being totally matured. However even with the amber look to the pistils, they are still pretty clear/white. They could deff darken up the last week but I would watch them carefully to be sure you don't harvest too early

5. Thanks Brian,

It's hard to maintain paitients sometimes. I am starting to feel like a five year old at Christmas :)

6. Day 88......

It is true.... Girls are never ready on time....

The pistils on SOME of my buds are beginning to shrink and turn amber/red.

7. Post up some pics!

8. That's good! No more nutes from now on then! Just water. Want the plant to flush out the rest of the nutes it has saved up so after you cure the bud you don't taste the chemicals. Soon you'll have some grade A smoke!

9. Day 93:

My 600 HPS died two days ago. I am running under 12 23watt CFL's...

My carbon filter is not doing its job properly and I can't reach it to service it....

My camera is misbehaving and I cant seem to get decent pictures....

About 75% of my buds are showing amber pistils but I am having trouble with my microscope. Not the scope's fault. I just can't hold it steady enough to see what's going on "on" the plant. I have cut a few sugar leaves and put them on the table and they look like they are slightly cloudy with a number of them showing amber stripes or spots.

I am wondering if the time has come to start cutting? Circumstances are not ideal. I REALLY need to get the smell under control but the plants are between me and the filter. I am not sure if the girls will continue to mature properly under the reduced light.

Hell, maybe they are ready and I just can't see well enough to tell?

I think I need to sit down & vape!

10. ...that sucks dude, did your bulb or ballast go out?
    ...odor issues have got to be my #1 petpeeve with carbon scrubbers....I have always had a very hint of odor coming from my chimney no matter what I've done, you'd have to get on my roof and bury your nose in the actual chimney to smell anything....but their is still that faint odor...a few things I have done:

...move your inline fan outside of your grow area, they have alot of small cracks around the fan for odor to enter into your exaust.
    ...blow the air through your hood if you aircool...I suck the air though mine, which sometimes brings odor into the exaust via cracks in the hoods (I tape the hell out of my hoods)....if you blow the air through your hoods, the air pressure will push air out of the potential cracks in the hoods and eliminate odor from entering into your exaust but you also have the possibility of heat blowing into your room....idk man, just a couple things to think about....I've had mysterious holes to appear in my duct work also, so you might give everything a good inspection...good luck.

11. Thanks Trich. The problem appears to be that the carbon has settled or escaped so there is air bypassing the carbon in a small area. I need to repair or replace.

12. I managed to find a replcement 600 watt HPS light earlier in the week. 200 mile round trip and $400 (OUCH!!) later I got light back on my girls. Aprox 36 hours with only CFL's.

I am now at 97 days and 8 days since I began flushing. My largest colas have looked ready for a week. A number of the interior & lower buds don't quite look ready to me. I did manage to get a decent look at the trichs on one of the least mature buds and the are clear.

I don't have much space to work with and need to use my grow tent to dry in. If I had more space I would begin a selective harvest. Unfortunately I have nowhere else to dry.

13. #53 FarmerJames, Jun 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2012
    I think I managed to get a few tollerable pics.

I am riding the fence. I was seeing amber spots & stripes in the more mature trichs a week ago but I still have clear to slightly milky trichs on some of the less mature buds.

14. I waited to harvest until I saw about 20-40% amber, I wish I would have harvested earlier, it is too heavy IMO. A joint has me nodding off trying to watch some TV. Great for trying to fall asleep through.

But looking great!!!

15. Thanks Case.

I am going to harvest now. Wish me luck

16. BTW Case, I agree 100%. No syrup. Just da budda!

17. Good luck with the harvest dude!

18. A few pics of the harvest:

19. Its the only way. Lol.

Nice work on the harvest man. Great colas! I'm already getting down to the point where I need to get something flowering again or else I'm going to run dry (got a tad under an ounce off my girl). I'm excited for you about the amount you are going to pull off these girls.

20. Thanks Case.

I am trying not to get too excited about yield but the size and weight of the green buds is way beyound my expectations. The pics don't do them justice.

I'll post dry weight & pics as soon as I can.