Northern Lights x Big Bud scrog update

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by WesternMAGrower, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Just wanted to share an update on my outdoor scrog. In hindsight, three plants were too many for this size net. The lateral shoots went crazy after the main branches were all tucked and weaved. I thinned out as much as I could and lollipopped to keep airflow in check. So far, so good. A couple weeks into flowering and I think the stretch is done. Thinking about adding a second level to the scrog to keep the buds seperated. Any input on that would be awesome. Cheers all!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Looks awesome great job

• Like Like x 1
  3. Love it !

I don't have any more input than you already know .
    That is a fine outdoor scrog

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. They look beautiful. Do they get any stray light from the house at night?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks!!! Yes, that's always a concern. Didnt seem to hurt last year, so fingers crossed!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. And, honestly, I've never seen my plants get "confused" due to a light leak outdoors. It's really almost impossible to avoid IMO, especially considering moonlight.

7. Moon cycles are part of cannabis genetics and actually help with the bloom process. Moonlight can hardly be measured on even the most sensitive PAR meters. I've had issues in the past with street lights and neighbors porch lights making my plants grow leafy and airy. That's he only reason I asked.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I was wrong. The stretch wasnt quite done. Some of these laterals are probably 2 feet tall now. It's gonna be a wonderful fall.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Just another update for those of you interested in scrogging outdoors. I couldn't be happier with how these Northern Lights x Big Buds are loving New England right now and how well they responded to the scrog. The lateral growth continues to astound me. Just defoliated a bit more (nothing major this far along) and will be hitting them up with some BT today as I'm still seeing a stray caterpiller here and there. Buds are nice and dense and smell amazing. More "lemony" then I would have guessed, never having grown NL. Anyway, just an update. Cheers y'all!

Attached Files:

10. Beautiful plants. Moving to Oklahoma and this is what I want to grow for my Multiple sclerosis. Will have to grow indoors. Any tips or suggestions I would greatly appreciate.

11. My northern lights x big bud i grew this year, its also the branch i'm holding in my profile pic!

northern lights nug.png

Great stuff, hardy plant.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thank you. Will get set up and be back. You are my inspiration.

• Like Like x 1