Northern Lights x Big Bud First grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Jdmteg, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Hey hows it going im teg, this is my first grow and its going pretty well so far, il get you catched up!
    -t12 4100k bulb, t12 2100kbulb, 3 60w 6000k CLFs
    -One Norhern Lights X Big Bud free seed i got with an order, 5 Hermie Bag seeds my friend got on his last grow.
    -FFOF Soil with a small amount of extremly deluted root supplement on first good watering
    - 4 of the bag seeds i planted streight into some soil, the NLxBB seed and one other hermie seed i germated in a paper plate with wet paper towls.

SOO, as of right now i started this grow a week ago and the northernlights has been the only one to show her pretty green leaves, the others are close behind though!

I have a few questions, i bought some Peace of Mind Fox Farm fertalizer, its just bat guano and some steamed bone meal, my question is when should i add it to the soil? should i mix it up with soil when i do my next transplanting,then when i do my next and last transplant mix some flowering fert with it, or am i completly wrong?

Also i am watering right now as soon as i see the top of the soil is 90% dry, hope thats right.

Enjoy!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Photos are in my Album i guess, arnt showing up?

3. Update 3/5/12:

Some new things i havent showed before, built a ghetto pc grow box setup with one computer fan intake w/ Temp/Humidity Sensor. Right now there is 0% humidity in my house since i live in a extremly dry invironment, Temps are staying from 70-80 F during the day and 66-76 at night. In my pc grow box i have a Low Ryder Easy Ryder that is growing pretty fast id say? it sprouted on 2/25/12 and has been givin no nutes except Peace of Mind mixed in to the FFOF soil. Another addition to the crew is my Great White Shark Feminized, it popped on 2/25/12 also and has been givin the Peace of Mind FFOF mix. Take a look!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Heres the NLxBB 2 weeks since Popped!
    [​IMG]

5. Fed for the first time 1/4 teaspoon/ Gallon Grow Big from FF, To soon?

6. New!

Added a 175w mh light and transplated the NLxBB and this will be my mother plant!
    Take a look
    [​IMG]

7. looking nice mate, is this the autoflowering one or a regular?
    cause i got an auto of this for free from the attitude looking forward to germin them. hope all your grow is going good.

8. the one under the MH is a Feminized Northern Lights x Big Bud non auto, hoping to get him big in veg!, nice my auto has been growing really fast, what type of auto is it? thanks man hope yours is too :)

9. So...how's it growin

10. This week a lot has changed! Heres a few pics of the new setup.

The Low Ryder is on the left, NLxBB on the right and the Great white shark on the bottem
    [​IMG]

These 3 are the bag seeds.
    [​IMG]

Got rid of the computer box and moved up to a nice minifridge with 4 14w Daylight cfls and a 4" inline fan removing the somewhat hot air, stays about 75-85 in there at the moment.
    [​IMG]

Last but not least, the Low Ryder is starting to Flower, a bit over a month till harvest?? i hope!
    [​IMG]

11. drop the cfl's down as low to the plants as possible and try to get higher watt cfl's :D looking great by the way :) also with autos they need to be in the bigger pot they will end up being harvested in as soon as possible best if from seed cause they grow to size by how big their taproot is so if you have a giant tap root thats heaps long they will grow very big and if you have it in a small pot for a couple of weeks and then transplant it wont get to its full potential although putting it in a bigger pot will get it bigger after its been growing in a small one :)

12. Ya man drop em waaaay lower

13. The low ryder is in a gallon pot and right at the moment they are all under the 175w Mh light, im sure i could use a bigger mh light but heat is sort of an issue in my room and its -30F out so i cant really open a window haha, but should i use a bigger pot for the lowryder? wasent sure how big it was going to get so i just put it in a medium sized pot. The northern lights is in a 2 gallon and im guessing i will need to transplant that again. what about 5gallon buckets? will they do the trcik with holes drilled in the bottem? I started 10 more bag seeds today and they will be growing in the fridge, and il make sure to drop the lights more. Does everything else look ok? i have been feeding 1tsp/1gallon water of grow big to most of the plants. they seem to be loving it so i will up the dose a bit and see how it goes, Thanks!

14. 3 to 5 gallon pots are the best for autos besides that looking good, but yeah id put all your autos in to the biggest pots you can get, it will pay off

15. Update Time:
    Well since the last update i have transpotted 2 plants, my Great white shark and a hermie bag seed that has been doing pretty good. I put them in 4 gallon pots so it should do the trick till harvest time. Take a look. NLxBB on top left, GWS on top right, Easy Ryder on Bottom left, and hermie bag seed omn bottom right.
    [​IMG]

Here is the lowryder and her flowers:
    [​IMG]

Here is how the fridge is looking, about how far away can i get the bulb from the top of the leaves? there 14w.
    [​IMG]

I started two lemon skunk and 4 bag seeds recently, only one lemon skunk has broke soil and 3/4 bag seed hermies popped the soil as well, they were started on 3/15.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well i hope you guys enjoy these as much as i am, is there any pointers u can give me? i only have 4 plants under the 175w mh and the rest in the fridge under the 4 14wers, let me know what you think, how big will the lowryder get do u think? he is in a 1.5gallon pot right now and i think i am going to switch him to a 4gallon, or is it to late?

16. switch to the 4 gallon stat, even though it wont get to the height it would have been from the start in the 4 gallon it will still be considerably bigger and once it starts to flower throw it under a hps

17. Very upseting news, as i was transplanting from the 1.5g to 4g pot the soil was not compact enough and the soil all crumbled, the low ryder lost about half her roots, so im guessing the plant will most likley hermie or just die, anyway i got it in the 4g pot and gave a nice watering, we will see what happends :(

18. sucks bro :( did it loose roots or just soil? cause if it was jud soil it should still be alright hopr it recovers :)

19. I have a Grow box which is 60" long, 50" tall and 32" wide, what watt HPS do u think i should get? i was either thinking 150w or 250w but im not sure what i can squeze in there, there will be 4 mature plants in the box at one time, what do u guys think?