Northern Lights x Big Bud Auto First Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by LightandSound, Jan 16, 2013.

1. #1 LightandSound, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2013
    Hey guys, this is my first grow attempt so if you guys have any advice or insight please feel free to share. I'm growing Northern Lights x Big Bud auto that I got as a freebie from Single Seed Centre a few weeks back in a bubble-bucket setup I built. The germinated seed sprout went into the rockwool January 9th.(a week ago today! :confetti: ) I'm using 6 23w 6500k CFL's for veg and 6 2600k for flower. Keepin temps at a low of 70.3 and a high of 75.4 (on average). This is how she looks so far. I'm a little concerned about that one leaf being a little droopy but its still early and I think it's from my lights being a little off center. I'm gonna update at least every other day. Much love.

Attached Files:

2. Well it's been 12 days since she sprouted, looks like I might be running into problems already. She doesn't look bad, just bad drooping. What do you guys think? Keeping it around 72 and just letting it get water from the bucket and got it on 18/6 with 5 CFL's

Attached Files:

3. I moved away from those rockwool cubes for starts, it's just hard to get the right moisture level. Looks like she shd make it, just try not to over-saturate. You may have better success seed starting with rapid rooter plugs in the future. Harder to over-water and drown them.

4. Thanks for the tip man. Do you just put the seed jn the plug and germinate like that? And does she look like she's gonna make it to you? I'm not getting my hopes up

5. And I recently purchased a STC-1000 temperature controller because my temps are varying too much and I need to fix it. (The room is separate from the house so the cold temps outside play a huge role) Does anyone know if this will keep my room at whatever temp I set it at with a ceramic heater and some fans hooked up to it? Sorry I'm still a noob at all this

6. I soak them in a cup of tap water with a tbsp of h202 for 24 hr then drop them into a rapid rooter, tap down.

7. But I think your seedling will be okay if you try not to overwater...

8. Word thanks for the advice man, I did months of research but I still feel like I'm flying blind

9. No problem. Let me know if you have any other questions. Can't help you with the cold thing, I'm in HI... I usually have the opposite problem. Trying to reduce heat.