northern lights vs white widow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by homegrown998, Nov 30, 2007.

1. ive ben asking alot of questions about how to set up my closit, and what soil to use and you guys have ben helpfull in that respect but let me just say that im sick and tired of smoking the dirt shwag that comes around my city that is what got me inspired to start growing the shit myself before i give up on smoking all together ive ben tired of seeing all the mouth watering pictures on high times just wishing that i could smoke like that untill i realized something there is no difference between me and them exept that i have not took matters into my own hands yet!! but now im almost ready to do something about it, so here is my question in your opinion wich is the best first grow northern lights or white widow ive heard they are both easy and foregiving white widow is expensive but i heard it has a great tast northern lights has ben the building block for almost all the good strains out there so how would you choose im looking for peaple that have experiance with both strains

2. well i don't have experience with both strains, but i would concur that white widow for me was a very rewarding first grow. good yield, good size, really potent, not too difficult to grow. nirvana's white widow isn't too expensive either (although some will argue their genetics are weaker than other's, but i can at least say that my one nirvana ww plant was nothing short of amazing).

if you're looking for more of an indica high, then go with the NL. WW has a bit more sativa in it.

3. Ive heard the easier of the two is NL but my first grow is WW also from Nirvana.

4. Yeah Im with these two. My first grow was WW, Top44, and Big Bud (all Nirvana) and they all did well dealing with a rookie grower. Top44 not as well as the other two though.

But from what I hear NL is very forgiving of rookie mistakes. A "hardy" plant with a good high.

5. Both are potent and have similar highs. WW will have more attractive buds and may edge out NL on potency. NL tends to be more forgiving to grow -- WW sometimes can be a little finicky. NL also can be lower odor.

Two good choices, you can't go wrong either way.

6. ive ben hearing alot of good comments about nirvana too

7. Just remember, NL can be low odor. Depends on the particular breeder stock, phenotype, etc. It also could stink up a pig pen, no way to know till you grow.