Northern Lights Special / Purple Power / Easy Sativa outdoor grow journal ORGANIC !

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by 4play, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Hummm... ??? How do you change your thread title ???

2. #42 4play, Aug 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2012
    Here's from today.

Garden (from front to back) : NLS, PP & IG

IG : Very impressive to see it grow, & grow, & grow... That plant is stretchy, almost 6 ft LSTed ! Few hairs, small citrus smell.

NLS : Very bushy, not a stretchy plant but as dense as the IG... no distinct odor yet... Leaves stems are turning purple.

PP : (See next post, too much pics) She is really popping buds everywhere and they are filling quick... small odor, but not enough to smell it if you're not close by... She looks smaller, or seems to have less heads but I bent down 3 big heads and I say I'm impressed ! Each of the small buds started shooting for the sky 90 from the horizontal branches.

Nutrients:
    First 2 weeks I used Carbo Load / Iguana Juice Bloom / Bud Blood.
    After that I use Carbo Load / Iguana / Nirvana (for weeks 3 to 6).
    At the end, I'll probably do 1-2 weeks of Overdrive, Final Phase and Only Water for last week.

(Carbo Load Liquid, forget the powder... hated it ! Have you ever seen cotton candy melted in a small dense rock ? Got humid, even in the closed bag and stuck. Try measuring and disolving...).

Attached Files:

3. Purple Power !

Attached Files:

4. nice cola formations. congrats on the good work so far, harvest is imminent!

some people are not meant to garden, it takes a certain type to enjoy the hard work and satisfaction that comes from success!

5. [quote name='organicN40']nice cola formations. congrats on the good work so far, harvest is imminent!

Purple is about a month into Bloom and should be ready mid to end of september, not a bad thing cause it's almost impossible to find something good to smoke these days... No one can get shit, everybody's asking everyone ! 2 Gs $ & up a pound for some shitty, not trimmed or leafy, not dried completly N-39 or else !?! What the fuck ? Someone poor (the uncle of a friend) I know just got busted / stolen is whole grow for this year and he grows cause he cannot afford to buy some... That's a shame ! And they also stole his boat motor and he eats what he fishes... It's gonna be worst this year with the dryness we had cause a lot of outdoor has died in fields and woods, there's not going to be plenty at harvest, prices will rocket to the sky, people will try to find growing sites and steal... Crossing fingers !

6. crazy shit man. over in cali, the market is flooded and they cannot get a fair price for their produce. time to smuggle!!

7. Great Job man, seems like all the purple strains finish the end of Sep through the beginning of October. Your Purple Power is really putting on the crystals. Then I saw someones Purple Diesel that is going to finish by mid sep. I have got to pick some early finishing strains on my next grow. It would really cut down the pain in the ass at harvest time.

Anyway, your plants are moving right along and looking great. You have a good cover area, and a good support system. Using that fencing will support any size baseball bat nug's your girls might produce. ;)

8. #48 4play, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2012

Hehe... put your hoodie on ! Crazy shit !!! Anyway, the whole purpose of this is to never have to worry again about spending $ for a weed plant... I have a garden full of homegrown fruits and veggetables for only may to september (45 North) and it's so good and fun and FREE (that's a funny word to use in 2012) !!!

How was the Easy Sativa Organic ?

9. #49 4play, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2012

Thanks man ! Yeah, I'm impressed : Buds everywhere, there's even more crystals a few days after... Wait for the pics soon...;)

10. Someone poor (the uncle of a friend) I know just got busted / stolen is whole grow for this year and he grows cause he cannot afford to buy some... That's a shame ! And they also stole his boat motor and he eats what he fishes...

If everything goes well and I get enough for me, Me and another friend (maybe more than one if I can get others to join...) are probably gonna give a part of our harvest to him ! He's really poor cause a long time ago, well before work insurance, he had a bad accident and the only choice society has left him is being on social aid... He's a very intelligent, cultivated and educated man, but not to the eyes of society cause he didn't pay to get a piece of paper (diploma). But he manages to live happy with what they've got in these crazy modern times (They got married at home with a given wedding dress, they hunt and fish to eat, etc.). I admire them for the way they take life ! But I shouln't talk about it cause HELPING someone in need and DONATING is probably a CRIME...

11. :hello: GrimSkunk - Stand my grown :metal:

They're coming after me, and next will be your turn
    Twist your arm until it breaks or you conform
    There's more and more police, they say they've protecting me
    But it feels more like I've lost a piece of my liberty

I'm not going to lose my faith, I'm not going to let them win
    I will stand my ground, I will not give in
    Impose your views on me, my thoughts will remain free
    Eat the poor and let the strong exploit the weak

FIGHT!
    Fight against war, fight for peace
    Between nations equality
    No more need for diplomacy
    Could be our world if you believe

The people protest against those who oppress them
    For their rights they will fight, put an end to the cruelty
    One by one all the tyrants will fall, their grip will come undone,
    the wealth will be shared evenly

I can see by your attitude, that you're looking for something new
    There's so much we still need to change, so much we need to do

Create false enemies and insecurity
    Play on our fears, and watch our trust disappear

Fight fire with fire [x2]

The people protest against those who oppress them
    For their rights they will fight, put an end to the cruelty

Fight fire with fire

One by one all the tyrants will fall, their grip will come undone,
    the wealth will be shared evenly
    AND JUSTICE FOR ALL

That's a fucking good song !!! [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1Cje9UMu-4]Grimskunk - Stand my Ground (Set Fire! 2012) - YouTube[/ame]

12. I had to do some research on that band. Never heard of them.

GrimSkunk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Canadian World Punk Band

13. It's a band from Quebec that's been playing for 20 years... Underground... they started one of the biggest "No Mainstream music" Independant Record Company named Indica that helps lots of young bands... Like NOFX with FAT Records...

Smoke a good one and Listen ! Great music with lots of different sounds, great message...

14. LOL, that is exactly what wikipedia told me. :p

15. #55 4play, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2012
    Back to Business !!!

PP is around week 5 of flowering and both IG & NLS are around week 3. Started Nirvana (from week 3 to 6).

Pics:
    Garden (front to back) NLS, PP & IG

IG : Heads are still stretching and it is now around 6' tall by 4' wide (with pot around 18").

NLS : Now as big as my PP, but more dense, true Indica.

*Surprise*
    NLS(2) : This one is not mine but from the same seeds and it's a different Pheno, more Sativa. Big Christmas tree (big clean-up inside and at the bottom) around 8' tall. (Oups ! sorry about pic, next post is right side.)

PP : NEXT POST !!! Crystals are coming along great, Look at the close-ups ! I circled in red the branches that I bent down Horizontally and you can see all the little buds popping up 90...

Attached Files:

16. Sorry, repost of NLS(2) forgot to rotate the pic...

Attached Files:

17. Cool !!! :eek: :smoke: :yummy: :ey:

just a little abuse of the smilies... ;)

Attached Files:

18. Hey im a nub and was wondering what you mix your base in and how you tell percent. I have big pots like frickin big pots (i can add pics if you want) and I was just gonna do it by height with some estimate cause its conical. can you pass some helpful info?

19. Thanks to this thread my affection towards quebec is improving daily.

20. #60 4play, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2012

Well, I'm guessing you're talking about measuring nutrients, what quantity... ?

Well, in soil, there's no exact science and that's why it's more forgiving than hydro systems... I just go with Advanced Nutrients Ratio on the bottle and since I only use Organic Nutrients, you can't go too strong easily and burn your plants... Like Iguana Juice is 4ml / Liter of water. For quantity, you don't have to fill the whole pot with your nutrients mix, for example, I use a bucket and give around 6L per pot. It won't fill and wet the whole pot from top to bottom (but a good part of it...), but I water them later.

The idea is that the nutrients diluted in water are going down into the soil with water and soil retains a part of it... If you put a lot, it will just drain away from your pot and you will waste a lot for nothing. It is the same principle with pellets, powders, spikes you put at the base of any plant (on top of soil), every watering, water will gradually carry the nutrients down to the roots. So, in your pot, the nutrients are not processed by the plant right away, they stay in the soil many days.

Make it simple, just go with what you feel is right without exceeding ratio...