Northern Lights - Rubbermaid grow box

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by subatomic, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Hey all,

This box was originally built for some Blue Himalaya but I went with some Northern Lights instead.

"Northern Lights is a marijuana strain which is highly suited to indoor growing. Of course, this auto-flowering version is also perfect for outdoors. Nearly all promising modern indoor cannabis strains contain Northern Light genes. With its high flower-to-leaf ratio, compact buds, good yields and exceptional resin production, these wonderful marijuana seeds are a most lucrative choice for the professional cannabis grower. The smoke's flavor is somewhat neutral, yet full-bodied."

As you can see, one has sprouted already, the others haven't yet but they were only planted a day or two ago.

I've put a few drops of Fox Farm nutrients in my water, not enough to cause any issues.

I left the soil a little too dry yesterday, it was really crispy on the surface. I've been keeping them much more hydrated now.

Anyone have any tips / questions?

Attached Files:

2. Looks swell! Mind me asking the dimensions of the setup? I might try something similiar as a veg space and just use my current area as a flower space so I can harvest more often.

3. I've always been curious with the double stacked rubbermaid grow box method with mainly handling the temperature. Speaking of which, what kind of temps are you getting inside the thing?

4. Hey Burnt, I'd say its about 40 inches high?

Josh, I get 21-25 constantly, which according to most of the stuff I've read is the perfect temp.

This build was really easy, $150 bucks or so. Could have been much less if I was a little more resourceful, but I just wanted to get the thing built, and start growing.

5. Don't forget to put a light trap over that fan opening during flower.

6. Even though they are autoflower?

7. AAaaahhhh! My nistake. I don't know about autos. Are you not going to give them a dark period? I would think that about 6 hours rest would be good for the ladies. I don't know how this will affect autos though. Sorry again.:eek:

8. how is everything going?

9. I never thought about stacking two containers like that. I built a box using just one container, but it looks like I may be expanding. I've been pondering the idea of making 4 or 5 and growing in them start to finish but I was looking at heavy LST and going 12/12 from seed or clone. Now I'll have twice as much to work with in flower! I almost feel like a fool admitting that I hadn't thought about double-stacking. I was over-analyzing my problem instead of using the K.I.S.S. method.:eek::smoke:

10. Hey Budlover,

I think I read on the Nirvana website that they reccomend giving the plants even just a few hours of dark to rest, like you say.

The plants are doing fine right now, I was worried that the others wouldn't sprout, but this morning, I checked and they're all just under the surface ready to emerge.

I'll upload some more pics soon

11. Sweet! I LOVE pics! I haven't been able to upload any here, but I have a grow log on another forum. I couldn't tell, but do you have your 2 containers latched together somehow? I was thinking about weather-stripping the rim and using spring-clamps to seal it.

12. Very ingenuitive and discreet mann

13. check out my pc grow man! same strain