Northern Lights - no smell?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Thornandrose, May 26, 2007.

1. Well i'm thinking of growing but i live at home and i dont reckon my mum could handle that

I don't know if this is true but someone told me that the northern light strain doesn't smell or smell as bad what do you think. How can i keep it hidden?

Stoner Jaz

2. MJ etiquette -- don't grow in your parents' house.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I think most MJ smells, some smells different that others. Perhaps someone that was growing it just had a case of olfactory fatigue. Thats where when you smell something for long peroids of time and you are unable to smell the odor after awhile cause you get use to it and cant really smell it anymore. Its just a possiblitiy.

4. yaa dude ive heard that northern
    lights is a good strain to grow indoors
    they say it doesnt smell that harsh
    as to other strains

5. Northern light's would probably stink worse than a regular strain. If your worried about smell buy an air scrubber, carbon filter, or an ozone generator.

6. What do you mean by a "regular" strain? And why wouldn't NL be considered one?

7. I think he means a less dank strain...

You could get a carbon filter and air scrubber and all that, but growing in your rents house isn't the greatest idea.

8. I agree toasty....isnt NL one of the most widely used strains to mix with because of its great genetics? This thing grows great indoors or out,resists alot of Bullshit, and producs a large amount , Also isnt weak as the majority of strains out there THC wise. If anything I think NL and HAZE's are the building block foundation of the best weed grown today.If you dont think so put down your flavored little candy box shwag bud for half a second and pack up a real bowl. Dont get me wrong now I like lots of differant bud but you cant trash talk the real deal. Thats like disrespecting your grandparents or The Godfather....

9. 3 northern lights in a closest group in my room (I left cloest door open to keep the heat from the lights down.

It was smelling in the hallway outside my bedroom door (which always remained shut) about halfway through vegitation.

Basically, regardless of strain, without filters, there will be a smell that is definantly noticable.

10. after 2 batches of NL, i cant say that it smelled too bad for me and i have no odour control, it does stink when its drying though.

11. the one time I grew northern lights it didn't smell whatsoever. like nothing.

I had 2 SCROG plants freshly chopped that produced 4oz of dried bud on my coffee table, and you had to put your nose up to the pile to get a whiff, I kid you not.

I wish I had cloned it, it was unreal.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Thats the thing about weed. No one agrees! Well fuck it. I wanna grow and i got like fifteen seeds and light n shit. We'll see what happens. Start with one i think .... cheers for the input fellow stoners

• Like Like x 1
  13. Take it from me, northern lights stinks.