Northern Lights. First grow.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by cosmicboy, Oct 20, 2011.

1. #1 cosmicboy, Oct 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2011
    Hello everyone, :wave:

Just harvested my first grow, what can I say??
    It was a blast!!

Ive smoked weed for years and have aways loved this wonderfull plant, but I never thought I could grow it,
    I had no money a few months ago so my budget was basically zero, the only thing I bought was the feminized seeds for 30euro and the timer for 5eur, my friend gave me a lend of a 200w light, I scavenged some pots and compost from a relative, and threw them bitches in the closet. No major operation by any means I just wanted to see how they would do to see if I could grow, and maybe get a bit of quality smoke in the end (where I buy weed, no matter what they call it, its all the same shit, you basically take what you can get). I used this forum alot whilst growing to research different methods of growing and harvesting and for that I thank all of you.

I threw 3 seeds straight into compost and watched them grow, I used tap water all along the vegetative stage with a small amount of scavenged plant food towards the end of their veg cycle (really wasn't too bothered feeding them tbh I was doing this as a trial run, and I also wanted to see how they'd do without having to test ph etc.). I topped them twice for the craic almost halfway through veg, which resulted in nice short bushes with loads of top cola's (8 main cola's), then I threw them into flowering after about 3 months from seed. I even went on holidays to mexico for 1&1/2 weeks and made some drip irrigation system out of 2L coke bottles that sat in the pots. I had nightmares on holidays that when I got home they would be dead. To my joy when I got home and they were perfect, big buds showing up no death whatsever I jumped for joy that day I tell you when I got home, they still had a tiny bit of water left in them.

After 2 months of flowering ive harvested my babies, and I must say for doing absolutely fuck all it worked out a treat. :)

Im happy with the amount and the quality of bud ive gotton, another week and it will be dry so I can throw it into jars to cure. I had a taster from some yesterday with my mates, we are all avid smokers, none of us can go a day without weed, we fucking thrive on it. Smoked 2 joints between us and didn't really feel feck all. Then BANG about 10 mins later our eyes were hanging out of our heads, that Northern Lights really does creep up on you, and is a real zoney smoke, hard to describe, a real body stone. This strain had no odour whatsoever which was brilliant, I was doing this pretty stealth.

Its so good to have some quality smoke especially with the little amount of effort I put in. All I can say is, I can't frieken wait to do another round, ive learned alot. Especially if I go all out and try to do things right the next round.

I have a feeling im gonna be growing alot now for myself throughout life, everybody who smokes and appreciates the joys of weed should be doing this. I love everything about it.:smoke:

What an amazing plant.
    :yay:

I will have more pics soon when I take the pics off my camera (left it in work).
    Here is a pic of one of the tops I took about a week and a half ago.

[​IMG]

2. grats bro, growing is verry addictive haha i love watching them grow and taking care of them, its a great hobby. Enjoy the smoke :)

3. Holy shit, just had a look at your grow, that is some dank!!
    [​IMG]
    What is it, swiss cheese?? Whats the odour like on em??:)

4. thanks, if i remember right into week 2 of flowering they got real stanky, cheese/skunk smell haha they mellowed out towards the end. the smoke was real old school skunk brought me back to the good ol days.

5. #5 cosmicboy, Oct 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2011
    Man im a sucker for that skunky cheesey smell off weed.. You just know its gonna get you fucked up. I'd love to grow it, I might try throw one in there next round, see how she stinks.

The NL smells very fruity and looks nice, its exactly like ive read about it, a very strange zoney stone, can't compare it to any other weed ive smoked. When its all dryed and cured for a bit, gonna get a load of munchies, watch a few classic flicks, get more munchies and really see what this stuff is made of.

edit : I would also like to add that I took a clone off one of these plants during veg and gave it to a friend for his bont operation. I took two shitty lower branches off and stuck them in compost in little pots and just threw water on em, didnt even use a blade just pinched them off. Threw them beside my plants one didnt grow roots and died the other survived, no clone gel no nothin. I couldn't believe it was that easy, so now im gonna take another clone back off his plant, same method. a.k.a avoid spending.

6. I enjoyed swiss cheese, and to grow it was a complete joy, basicly grew its self, soon as i switched it over to flower, it responded almost right away, i didnt need any crazy nutes or anything its a real beginner friendly plant i had 2 different phenos for sure, one verry indica heavy and one slightly sativa, you can tell by my grow pics, the one plant was wide as hell with fat leave, and the other was tall with skinny leaves.