Northern Lights Feminized Autoflower Indoor - First Time

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dr01d, Nov 16, 2016.

1. I procured seeds today, AutoFlower Feminized Northern Lights. I will start the shot glass soak this afternoon. I am pretty excited, this will be my first autoflower grow. I will update with pictures throughout the grow.

Wish me luck!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Keep us updated! I got some short riders on the way and 1 trainwreck!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks for the replies!

I put the seed through a shot glass and it's been in a paper towel for a while now. I'll post a pic as soon as the root is long enough to plant.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Good luck!!

Be sure to post some pics!

5. Here is a pic taken this morning. Happy little seedling!

Timeline so far:
    17th: Shot Glass
    18th: Paper Towel
    19th: Into the Soil
    20th: Broke through Soil
    21st: Standing up straight
    23rd: *See picture*

In counting a plants age... What day do people start counting from, is it from seed germination?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Looks nice!!

I would think you would start from germination... I could be wrong.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

7. #8 Dr01d, Jan 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    A little stretching, maybe? I am new. I'll get more details if needed, but here is a quick rundown of my set up:

4 T8 lights
    MiracleGrow Soil (I know... I know.. I didn't do any research and just used the stuff I had around. It's the in-ground stuff, not even indoor potting soil... added a lot of perlite.)

I water every 4-5 days, and wait until the soil is dry and the leaves droop ever so slightly.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. The plant is just shy of 7 weeks old.

9. I have this plant in with photo period ones, which I now know is not the preferred method. What is going to happen when I switch over to 12/12 in a month or so?

10. You'll lose alot of potential weight when you switch to 12/12 with your autoflower

11. She started showing flowers this weekend. I have a couple weeks of veg left for the other plants, if I can't work out a second grow space, this will be a lesson learned.

12. #13 Dr01d, Jan 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    I fixed my grow set up to let her have a longer light cycle. I hope the week at 12/12 didn't set me back too far. This plant is already a tad small.

I germ'd and started a second seed this weekend. This one will be closer to the lights and cared for a bit more than the last one. I've learned a lot here over the last few months.

P.S. Neem oil and sticky traps get ride of gnats. Also, removing overly infested soil. I learned first hand.

Attached Files:

13. Picture update from day 73 (10.5 weeks):
    Flowers and nute burn?

*I learned through experience that MG soil seems to lead to little yellow spots*

Attached Files:

14. wow your plant is flowering at that size, I wish mine had! it looks great.

Im also growing an auto northern lights, and its out growing my 2x2x4 tent! only pre-flower at this point.