Northern lights auto flower week 3 veg

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jmills710, Oct 3, 2018.

1. 24 day old northern light auto. Premium organic soil grow, peat and perlite added to good soil. Plant is very big my only question is, since shes an auto she will bud auto with out 12-12 lighting. How do I know when she will need less nitrogen? Also I want to add nutes but everytime i do the plant shows signs of nute burn, if i have a good soil with all three elements npk do I still need to add nutes or is there plenty in the soil. I have cal mag the has 2.00 of Notre in it, bat guano,5-1-1 and miracle grow liqua feed, 12-1-1 I think.. 20180928_134522.jpg
    If i left any info out just lemme know. Thanks dudes.

I'll post an updated pic of her today. This one is 2 week mark

2. She will bud on her own internal schedule, no need to change lighting. That's the way autos work.

I think that people say that they need less nitrogen in flowering so when she starts to flower, that's the time to think about that. I'm no pro so others can correct me.

No...don't add nutes unless you see symptoms of her needing them. If you have a soil that has nutes, leave it alone. They say that leaving her alone is the best thing that you can do as a noob.

Looks good. Just keep chilling, don't overwater, and unless you see some symptoms...don't feed much if at all. Start slow when you do....1/2 dose or even less. It's much easier to add than the fix a disaster.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. #3 Jmills710, Oct 4, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    15386046330555082440664364915761.jpg 15386046330555082440664364915761.jpg 15386046865348779513836791331645.jpg Bro thank you so much!!! I will lay off the nutes until she says what's up. I found some green algae or something in the pot today. I gave her some hydrogen peroxide to kill off the fungi. It worked she not showing green slime on the bottom of the bot anymore. I think it wasnt draining well. Anyways I'm gonna let her dry out for about a week. Her she is today.. lemme know what you think.

Attached Files:

4. There's a good chance your soil is plenty rich to not feed nutes, I do see the signs of nute burn. What I would do is try low nute doses, it may not need full strength, you're growing in some pretty good stuff.

The pictures you posted last actually look like it's beginning the flower stretch. Autoflowers don't rely on any sort of light timer, they will flower under 24 hours of light due to their genetics. I usually mark my autoflowers as bloom week 1 at 30 days of age. I feed my nutes accordingly like so.

I wouldn't worry too much about the Nitrogen issue, the plant will visually show you if you are feeding too much Nitrogen. The leaf ends will claw straight down, this is simply corrected by feeding water for a feeding or two instead of Nitrogen rich nutes.

The pictured are my current NL Autoflowers at about week 5 flower. The plant in the back I actually think might have been a mixed up Sativa Autoflowering plant, as it has grown very different than my NL auto in the front and my past NL Auto grows, don't pay too much attention to it.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Toolzor thank you for your insight. I honestly feel as tho I may never need to add any nutes to this plant because the soil is so rich. Everytime I add fertilizer I get nute burn and I'm adding like 1 drop to a gallon of water. So your right, I was under the impression that I needed to buy all these fertilizers but really I didnt need too. The soil is magic dirt from walmart I attached a pic. I believe she will be fine with just water the entire grow. What are your thoughts? I bought flowering nutes with a high p and k value but again I may not need it. Lemme know. Thanks bro. Also I believe she is starting to flower. Yes??

Attached Files:

6. Your buds look great.. getting me all excited over here lol also what's it mean when the tips curl up? I have nute burn and tips that curl up. Lower/older growth mainly..

7. Yes starting to flower for sure.
    You might be able to get away with no nutes until way late. I know folks on here that don't use nutes until right at the end if at all. Don't think you have to add them just because other's do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. You definitely don't need to add them simply because other people do, I know I use nutes, but that's also because I'm growing in Miracle Grow/Perlite/Coco (yeah fight me, I know Miracle Grow is shit)

What I would do is watch them closely, you can give flowering boosts without giving full nute supplements. Play it by ear, the plant will really tell you when it needs things.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Also, that's a preflower there, definitely going in flower now, I was pretty sure that it was just based on the space in between nodes which signifies the stretch has begun and is possibly over. When they are in veg, being an Indica, they veg nice and tight, once they transition into flower they get spaced out so the inner nodes can get some light as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. G
    Great info toolzor thank you, rapavich great info as well. I'm gonna let her tell me what she needs I have it all ready for her. Shoukd I repot now since shes about to flower soon? Or just rock out in the pot shes currently in? And lastly can I prune the fan leaves or not yet?

11. G
    Great info toolzor thank you, rapavich great info as well. I'm gonna let her tell me what she needs I have it all ready for her. Shoukd I repot now since shes about to flower soon? Or just rock out in the pot shes currently in? And lastly can I prune the fan leaves or not yet?

12. Definitely dont repot! The pot is fine.

It doesnt look like you need to remove leaves to me, shes not overly bushy. Some feel that removing leaves is bad, others say the opposite, its up to you to decide.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I believe that there are times when defoliation is necessary, that plant though however, I don't see any need for it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Miracle gro potting soil works great for growing weed & will all the nutes that release ever so slowly the plants dont need much else to be happy.. when i used it it worked great thinking bout going back to it it was less of a headache to me to maintail a good soil.. i barely had to feed anything buy mostly water only.. mostly

Ppl hate on it but it actually does a good job at keeping a healthy plant!!

SyPh@ sMoKe-A-lOt

15. Ok perfect. I'm not gonna do anything to her but let it grow and give water. Thanks for the advice fellas. I'll keep updating as we go. Yall are awesome.

• Like Like x 2
  16. The real problem with Miracle Grow is the time release stuff. The last two weeks of flower, you're trying to flush nutes out of the soil, and it's keeps releasing nutes at that point, which requires a longer cure. Otherwise it works pretty damn good, just account for a few extra weeks of cure time if you use the time release stuff.

17. I agree its good shit but the chemical stuff isnt much to worry about being the little work it takes to grow in

SyPh@ sMoKe-A-lOt

• Like Like x 1
  18. Time for LST.

Once LST produces many more colas you will definitely benefit from some defoliation.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. She’s looks great man. I’m no pro, but when I was feeding my last NL Auto, 1/2 strength on the nutes was still enough to burn her. I would go with 1/4 strength if you feed her anymore, especially since she’s an autoflower.

I’m on my 2nd NL Auto grow right now and plan to feed her 1/4 strength once I start feeding her. Also I would consider doing LST on her, maybe just bending the main stem down once and letting nature take its course. Overall, very good looking plant.

Here’s a pic of my current grow. I’ve topped and LSTd her. She’s on day 42 since germination and entered pre-flower on day 35.

IMG_0307.JPG [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. Beautiful even canopy you have there. I had a good even canopy my last grow, did a pretty poor job this go around though.

• Like Like x 1