Northern Lights auto fem pot size

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by PurpleMedication, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Hi, thank you for reading. I am a beginner, looking to do a small personal grow.

I have a 1.2m x 1.2m x 2m tent, a 540w LED light, 1 outtake exhaust fan and one oscillating fan.

I have ordered Northern Lights autoflowering feminized seeds.

I am planning on having 5 plants in 7.5litre pots with a coco/hydroton mixture.

Will my plants suffer being in 7.5litre pots? Will this have a negative impact on their potency and yield?

Attached Files:

2. #2 mook2707, Feb 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2016
    I think you're one size too small. By my calculations are 2 gallon pots. Northern Lights are already high yield plants but autoflower don't tend to get as big as ones where you control the flower. You'll get plenty of buds growing in the pot you have but with the space available I think you should go up one pot size. You can see what more experienced folks have to say!

Potency won't be affected either way.
    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Thank you very much mook, do you think i should upgrade pot size and still do 5 plants?

4. #4 mook2707, Feb 24, 2016

You're right on the edge, but I would say yes. If you have the right lighting for your space. If they weren't auto I'd say 4, but with auto you should be able to do 1 in each corner and one in the middle.

They shouldn't get too bushy. I never top autos. So space should be alright.

Keep in mind either way you're going to have more than you know what to do with!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Much appreciated man, i have some thinking to do lol. I certainly hope that is the case :)

6. #6 lotek590, Feb 24, 2016

how much is an m and how much is a litre?
    I'd hardly call 5 Nothern Lights autofems a small personal grow
    unless you have a lot of friends

7. A metre and a litre. Sorry man forgot about conversions and terms used. The seeds i ordered only yeild 50 grams per plant maximum and i doubt i will get that as i am a beginner.