Northern Lights and Bubblelicious autofem

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Tyrell, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Just put my auto bomb into jars last night and pulled 97 grams was quite a good grow :) not to bad for 83 days lol

2. Wow 97 grams.. very nice.. 1 plant ?

3. Yeah 1 plant and some lst nothing that was 2 crazy tho just enough to get my bulb in the middle of my girlie lol

4. Sweet man.. pic of the buds curing ?

5. I gotta couple pics of a couple buds on my skate

One of the tops
    ForumRunner_20130124_102721.png

The main top
    ForumRunner_20130124_102743.png

All buds under half g but not small popcorn buds that were really tiny

ForumRunner_20130124_102803.png

6. nice colors man. looks so tasty..
    those buds look kinda fluffy tho.. might just be my untrained eye.. will they rock up during curing ?

i heard a big discussion on this the other day and its got me worried my buds are gonna be all stringy and such..

7. Some strains jus dont get hard and dense. I grew super silver haze and it was under 3k and my buds were still half and half a lil airy for my taste. Never heard dat curing makes hard nugs but thats just me.

Sent from my 5860E using GC Forum

8. i was probably just wrong bro.. im havent dug deep in studying harvesting and such yet..

9. I'm sure it's the last 2-3 weeks of flower when the buds start filling out..
    How's it smoke brother..head stoned..or body

10. They are auto flowering they do not work on light cycle They flower by age 18/6 is the recomended light right through the grow

11. Yea i had missed that he said autos, earlier in the thread.

12. Wow that looks fine as wine! Wat strain?

13. why would you be pissed ?

14. looks so small for 11g

15. Don't be a hater

16. Yeh ya know what they say about Dynamite.....

Smokin and Jokin

17. How was I hating richie? I never said anything like "man thats fucking wack" just its a bit small for 11g, I would be a bit pissed if I got that in an oz, I hate small dense ounces, I like light fluffy bud that comes up big, not grams that are smaller than my thumb

18. you came across as being a hater thank you for telling why you did say it I am a beleever that no matter what your grow looks like. Means nothing I have grown bigger and smaller buds But they are all my Girls
    You are an experienced grower Why not use your experience to help other less experienced growers We all started off with little experience But with good forums and info we get better we all had to learn

19. There is some wonky logic at play here.....an ounce is an ounce, regardless of density. Assuming equal moisture content, if you take a dense ounce with "grams the size of your fingernail" and a big fluffy ounce and grind them both up using a grinder, you will have two piles of weed that are exactly the same size and weight. So, saying that you would be pissed about getting an ounce of dense buds doesnt make any sense. You are still getting exactly what you pay for....the light fluffy stuff looks bigger, but the only difference is the amount of air pockets in the bud.

To put this is other terms, say you want to buy a bag of chips and you go to the store. You have a choice of two bags, both of them weigh 350 grams. One bag however, is twice as big as the other one as it is only half full of chips and the rest of the bag is just air. The much smaller bag is half the size, but is full of chips with very little air space. Although they look different, both contain the exact same amount of chips. Would you be "pissed" if you bought the smaller bag? It is exactly the same with weed. All you are getting with that big fluffy bag is more air.

Anyhow, i see these comments about small vs big ounces all the time, and as a person of science, it irks me a bit....an ounce is an ounce. It is a unit of weight, not volume. A fluffy ounce and a dense ounce will break up to be exactly the same amount of weed.

In actuality, you should be opting for the dense, small looking ounces as the denser nugs are the top colas and buds at canopy level which are more potent then the looser buds that don't get as much light as they are further down the plant.

Just my 2 cents :)