Northern Lights AF, CFL 1st grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Brittanykmalfoy, Oct 9, 2013.

1. this is my first grow, 2 feminized northern lights autoflowers! I'm growing using plain soil, 5 40w cfl lights and feeding once a week with 10-10-10 fertilizer.

2. I'm currently on day 33 and my two plants are doing fairly well, I think. Amy is the larger of my two plants at 16 inches and Martha, who sprouted a few days later, is 6 inches tall. I'm thinking about doing low stress training with Martha since she seems to be a runt anyway so I'm not too worried about messing her up.

3. Don't worry about messing her up, check out what super cropping is and you will see just how mean you can be to a plant. LST will help you produce a higer yeld in the end if only for the fact that your light will penitrate and cover more evenly. 

4. I hope they turn out to be dank! I wish I was growing...

5. I started the LST on the smaller girl, I hope I'm doing it right!

6. I hope they turn out well, too! though I probably wouldn't know if they didn't xD I'm just growing because I moved in with my grandma and there's really nothing better to do! :)

7. Post a pic to let us see, good luck with the grow

8. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1381417860.991672.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1381417893.942618.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1381417924.892767.jpg
    there's a few pictures, only a couple of days old, I might take some new ones tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. thank you! I will take some new pictures soon, but for now I put up a few from this weekend.

10. Your plants look good, I am doing my first grow with Northern Lights also currently 12 days into flower and wishing I did LST earlier.

I will follow to see how it goes.

11. thanks :) to me they're pretty scraggly but that's what happens when you only have 100$ and a closet haha.

12. just checked your out! they look amazing, especially compared to my first try!

Its a great place to learn about the plant and I have heard of people have great success with similar systems and swear by it.

Best thing about it is that's its so cheap to start up and running costs are very low. :D

14. Alright, so a lot has changed with my grow. The little runty plant has been moved to her own container so they don't fight for root space. She is still not showing any sign of flowering though we are halfway through week six. Amy, my big girl is about 19 inches tall now, now growing up so much as branching out right now. She has lots of preflowers so I'm hoping the little one will get hers soon. I now have a total of about 160W of light on them, I know you want 100W per plant but the runt isn't even a foot tall so I'm not really expecting much from her anyway. Oh, and I'm moving 1,170 miles away in about 8 weeks so I'm super excited but worried about traveling with plants that are kinda needy... 
    View attachment 127455
    View attachment 127451
    View attachment 127450

15. I would clip Amy's dead baggage and give her more time to rally.  She has signs of being a contender between the dead stuff :)

Good luck !