Northern Light X Shiva

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by g4howie, Jan 27, 2005.

1. today, i started my grow, today i will see what the vast knoweldge of the internet has taught me, for now i am going to concentrate with one seed, i got the seed from AAA seeds, it took from the time of the money being sent out (dec 17th) to today, the 25th of jan to get here! i will post pics as the plant come out of the ground, because i dont think that you guys want a picture of the dirt.

na fuck it, i will have pics up daily

Attached Files:

2. it seems to be doing well, growing faster than i predicted, i really hope that it is a female!

Attached Files:

3. Awww. Its so cute. Congratz on your new arrival. :smoke:

4. For your sake I hope it's a female as well. Otherwise, you wasted your time! Hah (sorry). Alright, so what's your lighting setup, your soil mixture, your fertilizer, your current light cycle, what your future plans are for this baby if it turns out to be female (example : sea of green, or a screen of green ext ext), and any other questions that might arise :D.

5. well, if it is a female, then i want to take cuttings from it and start clones (when it is in the 24hr light) and in the growth stage. i have yet to find a clear definition to what the fuck sea of green is, or what scrog is, please tell me in plain english. i have 14 more seeds , but i need to see if this current set up will work:

4 125 (drawing 64 watts a piece) watt CFL outputting 2600 lumens a piece, and a 4 foot flouru, using ott light natural specturm, they only make one light, so it is the one at home depot. it is in a 18in deep, 24 in wide, and 5 foot high custom grow room with white walls. this gro w room was built perfectly for my closet, with venting into the attic, and has about 7 shelves of different height, i have some basil and green peppers , and oregano. in there too, incase i am questioned, i get rid of the weed, and then i just show the fucking pigs my "real" garden. and, i like basil and oregano.

my soil is miracle grow garden extended reslease grow for flowering, with some normal dirt, and some potting soil. but mainly the miracle grow stuff.

i have the plant on 24hr light, fan on 24hr, and locked 23hr, 50min (10 minutes for 3, 33sec minutes of watering 3 times a day

thanks for the input!!!

6. To pick up where IGF left off, I'll start with LST. The reasoning for it is plants, if left alone, grow straight up and consequently the top bud and leaves block all the light to the lower parts of the plant so you get a nice top bud and lots of wimpy buds beneath. With LST, two things happen. When you bend the top over, the idea is to get light to the rest of the plant so lower buds grow bigger but the biggest effect is MJ focuses alot on the top of the plant for growth and when you bend the top lower than other branches growth/bud development is diverted to the other branches as the plant 'thinks' they are now the top. Eventually you wind up with multiple tops all at roughly the same height as well as lots of lower buds as they get more light. With LST this is done by simply pulling tops/branches down and tying them off . A SCROG is the same idea but without all the string. You use a screen about 12" over the tops of the plants and when they grow into it, the screen bends them for you so they grow mostly horizontal and when tops pop out you can easily push them back under if desired.

SOG is just a perpetual harvest. Lets say you start with 4 clones that are 12" or even less with some strains, and put them under 12/12. Two weeks later you add another 4 clones and put them in a row behind the original. Two weeks later, add another 4,etc...when you get to 16 plants, two weeks later, the front row is harvested and makes room for the new 4 clones in the back so you get a perptual harvest every 2 weeks. I guess you could get anywhere from a 1/4 O to maybe a full O per plant so every two weeks you get 1-4 ounces. Hope this explains it. Good luck! :)

7. i have little black spots forming at the tips of my plants, just at the ends of the leaves, it is happening to the basil too, what the fuck!

8. Well, on how good my first one is going, just the fact that it spreouted, i planted four more, all of them have come out of the ground, and have the two leaves on them, but this one is special god i hope this mother fucking is indeed a mother (serious pun intended, if you did not get it, then)

i really hope that these are females, all from the same seed has anyone else seen this kinda madness, and when should i seperate them into different pots>?

i call her trinity, or the the 3 magus sisters,,,,

look real close, and you can see the top, middle, and bottom plant, my camera is not too good with the zooming in part, its only 7.2 mega pixel, wiht 4 x zoom, if you look at them with your own eyes, you can see the three independent stems

Attached Files:

9. I am pretty sure SOG is an all clone set up. the clones are either vegged for a week or immediately put into flowering. this keeps the branching minimal and creates rows of buds on sticks basically. can be a hydro or soil set up. usually hydro tho with the huge hydro tables.

10. hmm, my plant is more yellow then green, not just spots of anything, but the leaves are very thin-like, not too leafy, and the plant leaves are yellow, but still with a tint of green, i notice what it looked like a week ago, and now it is yellow, i am still getting a new set of leaves in, what do i need to do?

temp is a constant 75 F, at night when i have the door sealed, it gets up to like 85F, and it is under 4 56watt (140 wattt output) CFL's. i water daily with a spray over the plant and some on the base.

11. Well, i am glad that my one plant is going really good, so i planted three more, and here are the pics

first is group shot
    then top to bottom is from left to right, last one is the one in the back(the original)

Attached Files:

12. here is the original plant, the one that is turning yellow

Attached Files:

13. Yeah, post a pic of the yellowing. I made my first clones awhile back and they aren't doing much as the fluros are too far away. I am kind of keeping them alive but not growing till my first crop is done. Anyway, the leaves are slightly yellowish but otherwise the plants are fine so maybe your fluros are too far away? or maybe you are overwatering? Of course it obviously depends on how much water but everyday seems too frequent. No worries tho. MJ is a hearty plant, just be patient :)

Oh Geez, you posted a pic while I was sitting here in edit mode for a *scratches head* hmm a long time..watched a whole x-files hehe. Anyway, your plant looks ok. Give it a few days to see how it goes as babies are like..well babies and sometimes things seem bad with them but nature sorts it out. Maybe chlorophyll isn't completely developed and the leaves will green up in a day or so. If not and the plant is 4-5 days old, raise the plant so the fluro is 2" above the top. How far away is your light now? nice setup by the way *nod* very nice

14. should i be watering by spraying the plants with a spray bottol, or like pour water on the base of the plant.
    ya, i measured and my plants where 3 in off the tip of the light to the highest point on my plant, so i raised them up by one inch
    my buddy grower told me that the sick plant looked like a nitrogen diffency, and i trans planted it into another pot with more nuts, i know, i know, its a miraclea grow, blah blah, 10-10-10 mix

15. Hmmm, Yes Nitro deficiency seems to be the main cause of yellowing but I would not have thought it would have kicked in so soon, it usually takes awhile before MJ uses up all the nitro. Normally you let them grow atleast two weeks before starting ferts. I had a problem with yellowing (still not 100% certain of the cause hehe) and it seemed to be magnesium deficiency which is needed to help the plant 'digest' nitro. without Mg, you can add all the nitro you want and the plant can't use it. I think MJ uses more magnesium than most plants so yellowing will occur if the soil doesn't have alot of Mg. and most don't. Keep an eye out for a few days if things don't get better as, if it is a Mg problem, the edges of the leaves will harden and look like sharp teeth of a saw and then the edges will start to curl up, also the yellowing will kinda deepen in color and the leaves start to look striped, the veins will be green and the rest of the leave will be yellow. Search for Mg or magnesium deficiency for pics to compare yours with. The way I treat it is to mix up a teaspoon? (can't remember the exact amount, check my journal as I say it there) of epsom salt in a gallon of warm water and then mist the plant with that till the water starts to drip off the leaves. The other way is to pour it directly into the soil but that just adds to the eventual salt buildup which occurs if you use cheap ferts. Anyway, don't worry..just don't do anything hasty..wait and see what is going on and search for Mg problems to compare pics.

As for watering, yes water the soil ... though misting is a nice way to keep them happy and humid and good luck

16. just some more pics, damn these plants are just grwoing really really fast! i mean, god damn!!!

Attached Files:

17. lookin forward to see how this is goin, as yoluve picked the same strain im gonna use.
    good luck, much love