Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Northern Colorado Dispensary Reviews

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by sCaKmY, Nov 1, 2009.

1. So, I have seen that there is a Colorado dispensary review thread, but I feel its grown beyond that, almost like craigslist, its to the point now, where I feel it should be regional. Feel free to add your own review, as I haven't hit all of them, but I will make it my personal goal to try, and review a majority, if not all of the dispensaries in the area.

Campus East MMj

Located on the corner of College and Stuart, the location is fairly easy to locate, as it looks like a fairly large building. The building, holds clinics, and those rooms are a majority of what you see, the actual dispensary is a very small room, you have to be buzzed into. Once your in, the rooms roughly the size of a small bathroom, with a person standing behind ugly black metal bars. The staff, seem pretty friendly and knowledgeable, and they have a suitable collection of strains, that of which included Colorado Cough, Kush, and Sudha filling out their top shelf. They also allow you to check out the wares before you buy, which is always nice, even though their prices per gram weren't, haha, 25$ per/gm. for above listed. Their selection of edibles is solid, 3 different flavors of muffins, 2 types of cookies, rice crispie treats, brownies and their signature honey, are all very reasonably priced, and always fresh. Their overall strength was about a 5, which makes due because of the fact they sell in bags of 2. They do also sell clones, although none were in direct site, they have 20$ unrooted and 30$ rooted.

Overall, I would rate this place a 6 out of 10. Although their top shelf ganj was solid, it was overpriced, and the fact that they had schwaag (didn't think it was worth a mention above) kinda makes me feel there in it for the cash, and although the edibles were very tasty, there is a reason they sell them in 2 packs. Add the fact the rooms smaller than my bathroom, with big black bars, its not incredibly inviting.

Emerald Pathways

Located on JFK, behind Best Buy, this place is a little hard to find at first. When you first walk in, your greeted by a nice selection of hydro pumps, soil and other grow equipment, the only hint that this is a dispensary is the ominous smell wafting through. Once your paperwork is verified, he leads you in the back, into a nice sized room. On a massive counter is an amazing selection of local genetics, that of which included Shiva Skunk, Grandaddy Purps, Sage, G-13, Purple Haze, Mothers Finest, Island Sweet Skunk, Cali Mist, Colorado Cough, and many many more, as well as a giant ball of temple hash. Their prices, are great, the staff very knowlegable and helpful, and they are one of the few places to offer eigths, quarters, half zips and full ounces, for typical prices, 50-350. You also have the ability to pick your strains, per gram out, so you can get a wide variety of there wares at one time. Their selection of edibles while not huge, exists, but is obviously not the focal point in their business, although the lemon bars are both reasonably priced @ 4$ and suprisingly potent and tasty. They also have a smaller collection of clones for sale, rooted and priced around 25$.

Overall, I would rate them a 8 out of 10. While their selection is amazing, a few of the varieties are somewhat larfy, and not on the level of their other merchandise. Plus, while there focus is obvously not edibles, a bigger selection would be nice. Another plus not mentioned above is they do it all by triple beam, I dunno, I just trust em more, plus its old school haha.

Campus West Medicinal Dispensary and Medicinal Gardens of Colorado in the works and coming soon, I'm just tired at the moment...

2. Wow thanks for the reviews, especially of Campus east. Was going to go there because they have in house doctors, but now it seems I'll steer clear. I'm sure they would pressure me into sticking with them. Do you know if Emerald Pathways has an in house doctor? Specifically I'm looking for a dispensary where I can go and do the appointment and get my temporary registration card. A co-worker of mine did this in Denver, are there any places like that in Fort Collins that you know of?

3. If we make this all Colorado I can add with 2 co-ops in the springs.

4. #4 Mosscity, Dec 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2009
    I have been to a good number of Dispensary in northern Colorado my favorite so far is:

CANNABIS HEALING ARTS,--located in the One Brown Mouse Boutique at 35 East First Street in downtown Nederland, Colorado.In the New Year (2010) they will have a new location 1 block down from the Boutique with a larger selection of premium tasty Medical Marijuana for medical patients. Cannabis Healing Arts does not require you to set an appointment or sign your caregiver over to them to get your medicine. It will still be run by Blair Wilson, and Kathleen Chippi. They are both quite informed and have been activist in the Colorado Hemp Initiative Project for over 20 years.

5. #5 drdank86, Dec 21, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2010

6. Google is you're friend:hello:
    How to Get a Medical Marijuana Card
    http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana/231076-where-get-mmj-card-colorado.html

7. I'd love to see you come to my buddy's dispensary that they opened on December 1st. Top quality buds, $49 eighths for non-patients and $35 eighths for patients ($10 per G). I could also most definitely point you toward some legit disp's in the Fort Collins area if you'd like to check a few out. PM me if you're interested.

8. Best Dispensaries in Fort Collins are definitely Medicinal Gardens of Colorado and Emerald (which was already discussed). Med Gardens is awesome, they were the first really professional dispensary in the Fort and their prices and strains have just gotten better and better since last fall. The guys who run it have been activists in Fort Collins for like four years, one of them still runs Front Range NORML, so they're not part of the latest crop of money-driven weirdos popping up all over town. In Windsor, In Harmony Wellness is easily the best, and in Loveland your choices are more limited, Loveland is just a lamer town for herb, and Nature's Medicine is so shady you'll feel like a crook just being there.

By the way, I have seen flyers around town here in the Fort for a new doctor referral service (there's the one at Campus East, but word is their doctor will probably lose his license for writing over 1,000 recommedations a week! that'll screw up other people's recommends). My friend went there three weeks ago and said it was a great doctor visit and she got her recommendation. They're actually over by Medicinal Gardens spot, but I'm not sure if they're connected or not, she didn't have any pressure to make anybody her caregiver like Mike Mockler does at Campus East (some people who went to Campus East doctor started getting weird Nigerian-banking-scam-type emails supposedly from Mockler, too, so somehow their personal information got leaked from there it seems). I know they have the phone number of the place @ Medicinal Gardens and at Emerald Pathway. I'll call her and get it and post it here. Price was $120 to see the doc and you don't have to make them your caregiver, etc.

Back to dispensaries, lots of weird joints popping up (even Nature's Medicine came to town, there must not have been enough schwag at Campus East or something), but Medicinal Gardens has the best top-shelf I've seen, they have grams @ $13 all the time and eighths of mixed cannabis for $40 (top-shelf buds, they are just a mix of when they get to the bottom of a jar). I read reviews on line like at Weedmaps, and they were right, MG has the best edibles in town (I like the hard candies from In Harmony Wellness, too). Brownies will knock your socks off, they tell you to cut them in half and you better listen to them! :smoking:

I keep hearing about places like Estes trying to get dispensaries going but not a lot of support from the cities, so best bet is to look for something decent in Loveland or Fort Collins for the time being.

9. Okay, got number for Dr. referral service for Medical Marijuana cards, it's called Compassionate Alternatives and their # is (970) 217-3224, sounds like the doc is their Tuesdays and Thursdays, and she drove from Greeley to come see him and felt like it was worth it. I went to Denver for mine a couple of months ago, so I wish I had known about this back then! You still will need $90 for the state Red Card after you get your recommendation from the doctor.
    PEACE!:D

10. Longmont - New Age Wellness, 625 Main St.

Excellent smoke!! $60 1/8ths of high grade. Bud looks straight out of Hightimes!! Most of their weed is aeroponically grown, from what I know. Staff is very friendly and fairly knowledgeable, but not 100%. Open 7 days a week 11-7, no appointment necessary. They usually have killer kief as well, which is a personal favorite. I recommend their Island Sweet Skunk as my favorite smoking bud. They have clones, but not always in stock. I don't particularly like their edibles (fairly weak IMO), but they recently started carrying Mile High Ice Cream which is awesome!!!!! It is medical ice cream made by Glacier Ice Cream!!!!

No I don't work or have any personal relation with them. I will say it is the first and only dispensary I have frequented. They have quality bud at fair prices!

11. We have just opened Fort Collins Most Professional, Highest Quality Dispensary!

Come check us out...15% off for new patients

Member and Non-Member pricing available!

Products include:
    Strains:

-Hash Ghani-Afghan/Haze
    -Bubblicious
    -Black Domina
    -Sheherazade
    -Cough-NLS/Haze
    -OG Kush
    -Strawberry Kush
    -Sour Diesel
    -Blackberry
    -AK-47
    -Maui Wowie
    -White Widow
    -Nurple
    -Royal Hawaiian

Many more to come!
    Edibles:

-Highrish Coffee Creamer
    -Sky-High Chai Tea
    -Oreo Pies
    -Peanut Butter Cups
    -Hash Pills
    -Tinture
    -Chocolates
    -Fudge

Many more to come!

Drake and Shields next to Pulcinella Pizza
    (look for green open sign)

We do call ahead pick up orders 970-689-3273
    [​IMG]http://www.ncnaturalwellness.com

12. Medicinal Gardens of Colorado:

We'll start with the good:
    The staff are knowledgeable and helpful. The guy helping me was able to answer some questions about how their oils and tinctures were made, he knew what he was doing. They use tongs and show their product to you under a magnifying glass. The vibe in the place is great, they're good, laid back, caring people and theyre ready to help you.
    Also, their doctor, located across the street wrote me my recommendation and I have nothing but praise to sing about him and his office. The atmosphere was professional and they were helpful as can be. I even got a free half gram out of the visit.

Now the bad:
    The herb selection is decent, better than most in town but NOT the best at all. Out of their top shelf meds, priced at 18 a gram, i found the one that seemed the best, some hawaiian snow, and bought it. I was not too impressed. It was uncured. The free half gram they gave me was not too good, but I wasnt expecting much it was free.
    Ill probably go pack if I'm in a pinch, theyve got an awesome location but overall I give them a 7/10 for the limited selection and not-quite-top quality.

-------------------------------------------

Campus West(Medicinal MJ Dispensary)

NO!

Well skip to the bad for this one:
    The vibe is sketchy at best, the staff are very unknowledgeable and the medicine is of lower than average quality. Their top strains consist of played-out genetics and are poorly grown.
    Among other things, the guy working there tried to sell me a tube they had out by pointing to the diffuser and saying(and I quote literally) "those little holes make the smoke into more bubbles, bro, so its like, better. Its really confusing to describe but you have to try it." I tried my best to hold in laughter and left with a gram of the best they had, their trainwreck(after all I can't write a review if I didn't try anything). It was not good. at all. Uncured, and tasted of chemicals.

They did have a very good selection of edibles. Candy, cakes, cookies, brownies, even maple syrup. But given the quality of everything in the house i couldn't help but think that none of them looked too appealing.

I give this dispensary a 3 out of 10, and only for their ridiculous selection of edibles. These guys are in it for the money, and they definitely are not going to be getting anymore of mine.

If you like supporting gangsters, and love that chemical-hydro-work you'll love campus west. But really, if you have any respect for what you're putting in your own body, stay organic, and stay the hell away from Campus West(and East).

-----------------------------------------

Earthly Elements
    :metal:
    This is the new dispensary located inside the O2 Market off of Elizabeth.

This place is absolutely my favorite so far.
    First of all, its located inside of an awesome lounge/market kind of deal with tons of good (and good for you) food, an oxygen bar, and a comfortable lounge with free wifi where you can eat or drink. The atmosphere was great. The staff was even better. They were nice, helpful and took a bunch of their time to show me around the whole place. They handled all of the bud with chopsticks:D In the end, they hooked it up with some free edibles.

The herb gets two thumbs up from me. They had about 20 strains, ranging mostly from 16-20$ a gram. For the first time yet in a dispensary i had to make serious choices about which bud looked best. I ended up deciding to get a gram each of Buddha kush, Mazaar-I-Sharif, and G-13. I was impressed with all of them, especially the Mazaar. It takes the prize for the best dispensary herb I've seen or tried yet. They also gave me a poppy seed muffin and a sugar cookie. I ate the cookie, and was impressed. It was potent and tasted great. The muffin I'm saving for tommorow morning.

So far this place is the best I have seen. They care about their herb, they care that its organic, and everything there seemed well dried, barely-handled and cured right. I give this place a 10/10 and recommend checking it out.

I swear I'm not working for this place, I am just currently enjoying some of their bud and really feel the need to share how impressed I am. They seem like good people and they definitely care about quality.
    -------------------------------------------------

I have not been to Emerald yet, and from the other reviews that looks like its the next place to try. Ill come back with a report on that one and a few others in the next couple days.