Northern Canada Island grow 06

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Green First, Jun 10, 2006.

1. :D <TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2>08-29-2006 03:19 PM</TD></TR><TR title="Post 1190164" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>jonster</TD><TD class=alt2>ur plants are late budding, i'd watch out for mold, where you live, ur season ends mid october, a few plants of mine are almost done, ill post some bud shots once it's all dry on this thread, i'd love to compare our canadian homegrown.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Define late. Late is different for everyone depending on your geographical area and in some cases you also have to factor in micro-climates (areas that have above normal means temperature..ie valleys, bays). But your correct in that i have to worry about mold, i had problems with this in the past. I found out spacing of your plants have a big part in mold development. So all i can do is hope and pray that i get a dry Sept, because if it rains for a couple days then i may have mold problems.

I have one strain that will be done in a week or so thats the passion 1 and the WW will be done around OCt 1 to Oct 10 or so........Last year i harvest early girl at that time OCt 10 around....with no mold problems.....heres for hoping. :D :D :D

2. when i said late, it wasn't in general for all of canada, i know where you grow and i know when ur frost's are. at ur location, ur hours of 1 full day should be less then mine due to your latitude and ur further up north, so if ur just getting into budding, and mine have been in bud for weeks now, then ur deffinetly late budding and u should pray to god for a dry/warm sept/oct.

also strain comes into play for how fast the buds develop, ur strains i have never grown and have no clue about speed of development, i hope they're outdoor strains, if their indoor they probably won't finish in time, i was just stating late as in general for your area, ok?

3. <TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1194199" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>jonster</TD><TD class=alt2>when i said late, it wasn't in general for all of canada, i know where you grow and i know when ur frost's are. at ur location, ur hours of 1 full day should be less then mine due to your latitude and ur further up north, so if ur just getting into budding, and mine have been in bud for weeks now, then ur deffinetly late budding and u should pray to god for a dry/warm sept/oct.

also strain comes into play for how fast the buds develop, ur strains i have never grown and have no clue about speed of development, i hope they're outdoor strains, if their indoor they probably won't finish in time, i was just stating late as in general for your area, ok?</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Ok thanks whats my frost date then>? Im curious for your answer.

Id say my WW are atlease 2 weeks into budding by now....I was merely stating in the previous post that they are now budding....because i only have the opporunity to check my babies every couple of weeks....so they could be 2 to 3 weeks into budding ....iill try and include a pic nest time and if you or anyone could make a guessamation of how many weeks they are into budding??......is there anyway to accuratly predict how many weeks they are into budding? And yes passion 1 is outdoor and WW is usually not outdoor .... but the strain has been climatised to my area.....at least thats what i was told.....:rolleyes: :D :wave:

4. Yes your plants look great but I yell you the truth just reading the things you write and the pics you have posted was a blast, I learn more and more the longer I stay on the net. Good looking plants bro I know you will have a happy harvest. :D JOE>

5. <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=450 align=center bgColor=#ffffff border=1><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle>City</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle>State</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle>Growing Season
    (Length in Days)
    </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle>Last Frost
    Spring
    </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle>First Frost
    Fall
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=450 align=center bgColor=#ffffff border=1><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>Barrie</TD><TD align=middle>ON</TD><TD align=middle>112</TD><TD align=middle>May 26</TD><TD align=middle>Sept. 16</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>Hamilton</TD><TD align=middle>ON</TD><TD align=middle>168</TD><TD align=middle>Apr. 29</TD><TD align=middle>Oct. 15</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>Kapuskasing</TD><TD align=middle>ON</TD><TD align=middle>87</TD><TD align=middle>Jun. 12</TD><TD align=middle>Sept. 8</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>Kingston</TD><TD align=middle>ON</TD><TD align=middle>160</TD><TD align=middle>May 2</TD><TD align=middle>Oct. 10</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>Kitchener</TD><TD align=middle>ON</TD><TD align=middle>139</TD><TD align=middle>May 11</TD><TD align=middle>Sept. 29</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>London</TD><TD align=middle>ON</TD><TD align=middle>151</TD><TD align=middle>May 9</TD><TD align=middle>Oct. 8</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>Ottawa</TD><TD align=middle>ON</TD><TD align=middle>151</TD><TD align=middle>May 6</TD><TD align=middle>Oct. 5</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>Owen Sound</TD><TD align=middle>ON</TD><TD align=middle>155</TD><TD align=middle>May 12</TD><TD align=middle>Oct. 15</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>Peterborough</TD><TD align=middle>ON</TD><TD align=middle>124</TD><TD align=middle>May 18</TD><TD align=middle>Sept. 20</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>Sudbury</TD><TD align=middle>ON</TD><TD align=middle>130</TD><TD align=middle>May 17</TD><TD align=middle>Sept. 25</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>Thunder Bay</TD><TD align=middle>ON</TD><TD align=middle>105</TD><TD align=middle>Jun. 1</TD><TD align=middle>Sept. 15</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>Timmins</TD><TD align=middle>ON</TD><TD align=middle>89</TD><TD align=middle>Jun. 8</TD><TD align=middle>Sept. 6</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>Toronto</TD><TD align=middle>ON</TD><TD align=middle>149</TD><TD align=middle>May 9</TD><TD align=middle>Oct. 6</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>Windsor</TD><TD align=middle>ON</TD><TD align=middle>179</TD><TD align=middle>Apr. 25</TD><TD align=middle>Oct. 22</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=450 align=center bgColor=#ffffff border=1><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>Vancouver</TD><TD align=middle>BC</TD><TD align=middle>221</TD><TD align=middle>Mar. 28</TD><TD align=middle>Nov. 5</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

if your living in 1 of the great lakes then this is your grow season. As you can see, vancouver has the

longest season in Canada. your living in either lake superior or lake huron, which would be sudbury or

thunder bay, my assumption is that you are smart and you plant when last frost ends. if you post some

pics i could surely help you with an estimation of a proggression through budding. WW is an indoor strain

with a period of 9 weeks for budding those crystally ass nugs, it's a mix with sativa. Passion 1 will finish in 6

-7 weeks, it's a dominant indica strain. quebec big bud again 8-9 weeks, takes some time man, good luck

and post pics.

6. :D ;) :devious: :p :hello: :cool: :rolleyes: :mad: :) :confused: :eek: :smoking: :( :eek: Wasssssssss down?

Anyway your time and my time is coming .... if ya gots moi.....so i went out on another execurtion yesterday and some of my plants were messed out/up. i think a couple deer had a party on my crop......welll because of their little dance party over 6 oz fell/broke off onto the ground ....So obivously i grabbed it before the rain got it ..... After further inspection (at home) i noticed that the plants had 90 % cloudy 5 % amber and 5% clear.

I thought when i was there (this is without the mag glass) that they were not done(seemed like the calx's didnt fuff out yet.) ..... now im thinking otherwise

Rememeber what im talking about is Passion 1 .....My question.....should i chop them now or wait another week.......what would you do? Will waiting a week gain me that much extra bud ..?

Peace and Peacer

7. Stay in the middle. Chop'em down in 4 days :p

8. My question.....should i chop them now or wait another week.......what would you do?

Will waiting a week gain me that much extra bud ..?

9. When I think my plants are ready, I always wait another week. Ive never regretted it

10. depends completely on the strain, some strains develop density during they're final stages, but surely the longer you wait the more potent, not necessarily more bud. like i said i've never grown passion 1 so i can't exactly determine.

grow until you have a rainfall or until first signs of mold develops.

11. Interesting read! Not sure if I'm stoned or if it was actually interesting

12. <TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2>Today 12:03 PM</TD></TR><TR title="Post 1211899" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>Jonsi</TD><TD class=alt2>Hope this wasn't you, http://www.mykawartha.com/article/4233</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Poor guy and his plants..... nope not moi .... :p :p :p

13. Are On a river? oh by lake simco i came acrose something very fimiler last year

14. Hey guys and gals,

Well ....my year is over and i still never got a dig cam so no pics yet .....i harvested everything as of yesterday .......i have beeen harvesting for about a month now....because i have a couple spots and they alll seem to have different maturing times.......i have no clue how much i got because im really lazy and there is a lot of bud to weigh......just picture 2 contracter garbage bag (133 liter industral garbage bags) full of trimmed dry bud and thats what i got:D :D ...it would take me like 4 days just to weigh the fuckers so for now i have no idea on my harvest totals....other than that alot.....

im going to post a pic with a friends cam later today to give everyone an idea ......

Also a question is trimming harmful to your health....due to the carbon thats realeased from the plant ....:confused: ?Because every time i trimmed i would get congested almost like i had a cold...but when i would leave the area i would be fine.

Let me know if anyone has any questions ...?

15. yeah the update i have been waiting for!! congrats!