Northern Canada Island grow 06

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Green First, Jun 10, 2006.

1. i was shitting myself for a second there, i thought that first pic in this thread was latest + greatest and were bigger/bushier then my current outdoor plants

congrats, nice guerilla grow, that will be decent come harvest, only 2 more months of veg. tho, i dont know about 10 feet....... could easily happen with lots of sun and fertilizer.

i hope you planted all females, looks like you've put alot of work into your site digging and hauling soil, preperation is key

2. <TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1072979" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>jonster</TD><TD class=alt2>i was shitting myself for a second there, i thought that first pic in this thread was latest + greatest and were bigger/bushier then my current outdoor plants

congrats, nice guerilla grow, that will be decent come harvest, only 2 more months of veg. tho, i dont know about 10 feet....... could easily happen with lots of sun and fertilizer.

i hope you planted all females, looks like you've put alot of work into your site digging and hauling soil, preperation is key</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

No, I predict they will reach 4 to 6 feet....the WW is a much shorter and stockier plant and with 2 months left that's loads of time......This spot in the last pis gets sun almost all day...but i think those plants were abit stunted at the start (frost)....there are no signs of frost dmg now, so thats good :D ....Ill check these beauties in another couple weeks with more updates...

Keep Planten

3. \deservedly impressed. :smoking:

4. Good luck to you.

5. <TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2>Today 06:07 PM</TD></TR><TR title="Post 1074739" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>Spanishfly</TD><TD class=alt2>Good luck to you.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2>Today 09:56 AM</TD></TR><TR title="Post 1074065" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>Num</TD><TD class=alt2>\deservedly impressed. :smoking:</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thanks dudes.....:laughing:

6. i just have a couple questions,

i like your island grow and i think you should keep it up, but how come your plants are so close together, dont you think they'd grow better more spaced? :cool:

so what are your opinions about fertilizer, heavy harvest hey, is that chemical or organic, why do you think it's so good and beats the rest? have you tried both methods? what is the npk in veg and flower you use? whats your thoughts and comparisons or pet peaves with regular 20/20/20 plant prod fertilizer and hydroponic ferts?

7. Nice grow but how do you get the 10+ pounds out of their?

8. <TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1074854" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>jonster</TD><TD class=alt2>i just have a couple questions,

i like your island grow and i think you should keep it up, but how come your plants are so close together, dont you think they'd grow better more spaced? :cool:

so what are your opinions about fertilizer, heavy harvest hey, is that chemical or organic, why do you think it's so good and beats the rest? have you tried both methods? what is the npk in veg and flower you use? whats your thoughts and comparisons or pet peaves with regular 20/20/20 plant prod fertilizer and hydroponic ferts?</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Jonster, I agree with that they need more space :D ,.....but Mj could always have more space....when i update you'll all see what this spot can really do .... between 4 and 8 weeks these fuckers blow up in size.....srry rambling:smoking: .....thats y i posted the question about the tieing down vs topping the plants......i guess the answer is to do both tie and top. Tho you should have saw the first time i used this spot LLOL :mad: ......i put over 200 plants in the same area seen above.....llol bad move i know .....mold was the problem that year or spacing/ lack of it.... but i have about 2 to 3 feet squared per plant on average.....plus the other reason for the space ...... and you cant see.....but all the soil is bascally in the vains of rocks ....thats the main reason i guess. And theres a hugh gap that separated the spot in the middle .....so there is no problems with lack of sun....i have high elevation and tons of sun:hello: .

I'd suggest HH to anyone that is lazy or in my case doesnt always have the time or the way to check /fert the plants. its time release, so you only have to fert once every 3 to four weeks......i think there are 3 blends spring (20-15 -15), summer (17/17/17) and fall (10-15-20) these are all guesses i dont have all the info rigt in front of me .....but that gives you an idea....and yes i have done both organic and chem.....i prefer chem in this case.

Thoughts on other ferts ie plant prod fertilizer and hydroponic ferts......My biggest reason is the time release action .....it works great without all the extra trips

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2>Yesterday 09:52 PM</TD></TR><TR title="Post 1075143" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>Papa Smurf</TD><TD class=alt2>Nice grow but how do you get the 10+ pounds out of their?</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Keep in mind that was dry so wet i'd guess around 100 pounds 1/10 ratio:eek: .....maybe another person could verify that....

Logistic's, thats a big issue for anyone. My answer is get the biggest and stongest garbage bags (the stretchy kind), also maybe do some cardio training/weight lifing to help (jk .....and also serious). And move quicky.:D

9. nice grow man.. i often visit canada for camping and the islands up there would really be a great place to grow them.. the lack of people is a plus.. i go their yearly and often thought about just planting a few and comming back to them later in the year.. but i would probly forget where i put them. and where i go is a 16 mile canoe trip and having to carry the shit over many ports would drive me insaine.

what time do they usualy bud up their?..
    i live at the bottom of lake michigan and mine start to bud in mid augest.. but ive allways had a problem with mold. and i dont know why. or even what causes it

10. where do u get heavy harevst or whatever ur fert is called
    good luck even tho u wont need it

11. <TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2>Yesterday 06:38 PM</TD></TR><TR title="Post 1078246" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>blacklight</TD><TD class=alt2>nice grow man.. i often visit canada for camping and the islands up there would really be a great place to grow them.. the lack of people is a plus.. i go their yearly and often thought about just planting a few and comming back to them later in the year.. but i would probly forget where i put them. and where i go is a 16 mile canoe trip and having to carry the shit over many ports would drive me insaine.

what time do they usualy bud up their?..
    i live at the bottom of lake michigan and mine start to bud in mid augest.. but ive allways had a problem with mold. and i dont know why. or even what causes it</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

My trigger time for budding is usually around Aug 1 to Aug 14 @ my latitude......if your having mold problems it could be for a couple of reasons......one plants are too close together....no breathing room...hense mold.....2 maybe its a wet season, and buds dont like moisture...there are things you can buy that will prevent this.....i dont know the name....but i think its a spray you can apply to your plant and its like a waxy film that covers the buds and prevents mold....ive never used it before but it works for vegatables.......check home depo or any other Block store:smoking: .

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2>Today 08:55 AM</TD></TR><TR title="Post 1079519" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>3To1ker1</TD><TD class=alt2>where do u get heavy harevst or whatever ur fert is called
    good luck even tho u wont need it</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Search yahoo:D .....i think its from advanced nutients. I think you can buy the shit thro Ebay as well......Fuck i should get a kick back from the company....

12. Heres an update on my mini momma's. I Went out to yesterday to plant a couple more in the ground, since a couple plants died due to rabbits.

These's plants in the pic's are passion 1 and White widow and there in their 5th week of veg. I have about 4 to 5 more weeks before they start to bud..Again all I use in my soil is BX pro mix and blood meal (at the start). Then heavy harvest for the rest of the plants life span. :cool: Most of the plants here are 2 feet to 2 and a half feet in height.:D

When is it to late to tie plants down? Or is it ever?

Attached Files:

13. some nice plant bro and u just gave me an idea wow une ile.........i live in montreal and ive been searching for a while for a place i found one but wow ur lucky man good luck and maybe if u grow alot it will reach me and il try it lol! cuz u know weed gets around in qc ,,,,take care man
    !!!!!!!!!!

14. <TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2>07-09-2006 09:47 PM</TD></TR><TR title="Post 1086870" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>teezony</TD><TD class=alt2>some nice plant bro and u just gave me an idea wow une ile.........i live in montreal and ive been searching for a while for a place i found one but wow ur lucky man good luck and maybe if u grow alot it will reach me and il try it lol! cuz u know weed gets around in qc ,,,,take care man
    !!!!!!!!!!</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

thanks bro..... fer sure ... dont worry ill save you some up there in QC....also what was the idea you had? :confused:

15. to grow on an island lol!!!!!

16. do u remember when u harvested last year
    u live within about 100 miles of me as far as i can tell so i would assume the climate is about the same or even more to my advantage, id like to grow outdoors next year as you are doing
    so id like to have an estimate of when to expect to harvest
    thats a lot man

edit: i was talking about harvesting passion #1 cause thats wut i think im goin for but if u would please also list the harvest dates of ur other plants that would be a big help too
    unless of course u harevsted all at one time
    thanks and sry for the rambling

17. <TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1094308" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>3To1ker1</TD><TD class=alt2>do u remember when u harvested last year
    u live within about 100 miles of me as far as i can tell so i would assume the climate is about the same or even more to my advantage, id like to grow outdoors next year as you are doing
    so id like to have an estimate of when to expect to harvest
    thats a lot man

edit: i was talking about harvesting passion #1 cause thats wut i think im goin for but if u would please also list the harvest dates of ur other plants that would be a big help too
    unless of course u harevsted all at one time
    thanks and sry for the rambling</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Advanage disadvantage....i thiink i have one of the best climates in the world for my purposes, 100 miles wont make a difference really.:smoking:

From what i experienced last year the passion is done anywhere from late Aug to the 1st or 2nd week of Sept and for the WW (white widow) this is the first time im growing the strain but from what ive been told id figure around first week of OCT or earlier (I hope).:D

Peace and Pot.......

18. thanks a lot
    oh and when did u plant i forgot to ask b4

19. <TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1095921" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>3To1ker1</TD><TD class=alt2>thanks a lot
    oh and when did u plant i forgot to ask b4</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

My grow window is from May 24 to June21, earlier the better. But be careful of the frost if you go out to early.....I planted around the 1 week of june.

20. Heres the latest and greatest ..... these pics are excally one week from the last time i took pics.

Again this is Passion 1 and White widow mixed together, so until they start to bud i dont really know which is which.:hello:

Attached Files: