Northeast grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MJStoner420, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Alright so I just recently moved to the northeast, NY state to be exact, and I'm interested in growing again (I'd previously grown but down south) and am wondering when the earliest and/or ideal time to get my seeds germinating and into the ground. The weather plays a huge part obviously and I'm not used it it up in the north

2. you will want to avoid any frosts what so ever I think its still a bit too cold right now but you could always start it now indoors and put it outside next month, maybe want to try find a early finishing strain I know in the UK its always a worry for growers for it too be finnished in time, dont know how much more forgiving NY is, but theres good strains out there, thinking of getting some nice Afghans out there this year myself, id find a Indica related strain

3. Yeah my major problem is the weather right now I think the nights are tab bit too cold but unfortunately I don't have what is needed to grow outdoors

4. *indoors

5. I'd start them now under a couple of cfls, you don't need any special equipment. Just pots, soil, and bulbs.

What strains are you growing? Welcome to the NE, btw :smoke:

6. My buddy ordered to seeds a while ago didn't need them so I grabbed em. Didn't get the names of the strains which was probably not too smart but whatever. I am thinking about starting the grow indoors but I just wanted to see if there's anyway to start it outside

7. its the nights that will kill them just too cold right now, only when all frosts are gone can you put them outsdie you, should check up on your met offices website they will be able to give you good information to your areas weather,, you could always put them out during the day and bring them back in at night if you really must do it