North Korea Peace Treaty with US/SK

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Twistedd, Mar 12, 2018.

?

Do you see this as a possible genuine gesture of peace between US/SK and North Korea?

1. Yes

2. No

3. I don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. What is everyone's opinion on this? Could this finally be the moment that ends the bitter relationship between US/SK and NK?

Kim Jong Un Wants a Peace Treaty From Trump, Report Says

Kim Jong Un wants to sign a peace treaty after meeting with U.S. President Donald Trump, South Korean media reported, reviving a long-held goal of the North Korean regime.

Kim is likely to raise the possibility of a peace treaty, along with establishing diplomatic relations and nuclear disarmament, during a meeting with the U.S. leader, the Dong-A Ilbo newspaper said Monday, citing an unidentified senior official in South Korea’s presidential office. Trump last week agreed to meet Kim, although key details of the summit have yet to be decided.

Koh Yu-hwan, who teaches North Korean studies at Dongguk University in Seoul, said the regime has long sought a peace treaty to end the more than 60-year-old ceasefire between the two sides and help guarantee its safety.

2. Its a meeting of Two Loonies ,,,they might get on and actually sign a peace treaty ,,i bet kIm's been reading and hearing Trumps a loony just like him ,,so the pair of them just might get on together ,,,as long as Trump dont grab Kim's mrs by the Pussy ,,,mac,,

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'm waiting to see how the Dems spin this one
    Kind of stupid keeping a 60yr old war alive
    Peace would be Nice for everyone
    But do you really think Kim will give up his Nukes?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. reckon he;ll just hide his nukes ,,but i really hope there is a chance at peace ...if Trump does get a peace treaty ,,maybe he should have talks with Iran too ,,,mac,

5. Whenever North Korea offers this it's usually with the stipulation that they remain a nuclear weapons state which is a condition which US is unwilling to entertain. The North has always claimed to want a peaceful reunification of the Koreas, but of course with their juche political system of mass starvation and torture to rule the entirety of the Korean peninsula. I think the most likely outcome is they either do not end up meeting or they do but no such peace treaty is signed. North Korea's only leverage is nuclear weapons. But it's totally possible Trump's ultimate negotiation skills will end 60 years of hostilities. There really is no predictable outcome when it comes to two rogue nations.

6. Let them keep their nuclear program on the condition they open the floodgates of the internet. An informed public will change NK more than any top down approach IMO.

• Like Like x 4
  7. I think the whole thing is a typical tRump PR stunt and they will never meet. One thing is for sure - neither of those idiots can be believed or taken seriously.

• Like Like x 1
  8. If Obama would've done this same thing, I can assure you that the same people wouldn't view it as a PR stunt. It is what it is.

9. I'm not sure why you feel a need to bring up Obama when referencing my post, but it's not surprising I guess. You asked for people's opinions and that was mine - I didn't realize that in doing so I would be subjecting myself to unwanted partisan criticism. :)

10. We've seen this movie before. NK is looking to get out from under sanctions but won't give up shit. They may agree to something but won't follow thru.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. Yeah I know right? Who comes to the politics section to debate opinions?

Also, I'm not a partisan.

12. Debating opinions is one thing, but assuming something about someone because he doesn't like tRump is another. You didn't even debate my opinion with any intelligent counter point - you simply went to Obama which has no relevance to the subject of the thread. Not everybody that hates tRump is a liberal, or a democrat, or a Clinton supporter or an Obama lover. Hating tRump is not a partisan issue but your statements certainly are - no matter what you claim.
    Right. :)

13. #14 Twistedd, Mar 12, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    Yeah because Obama totally didn't attempt to normalize relations with Cuba when he was in office... A move I completely supported despite being highly critical of 95% of his agenda while in office.

And because, y'know, Obama was the most recent President.

Obama said it best; you negotiate peace with your enemies, not your friends.

14. Again. What does this have to do with your thread? I'm over your senseless banter. :wave::wave::wave::wave:

15. I see it like the german seperation. It won't happen until the people want it. Now I don't know about the south but north Korea's citizen are brainwashed for generations to come.
    Any partly educated north Korean would know they're doomed though

16. I wonder how Trump got Kimmie to play along with his PR stunt?

17. I think that was Tyrian Lannister.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. This has been the game for so long it's hard to imagine it any other way. I'd like to see NK fall. Then SK rebuild from the ground up. That is if there's any usable, uncontaminated ground left to be found.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. It was originally Littlefinger

"We only make peace with our enemies my lord. That's why it's called 'making peace'"

• Like Like x 1