North Carolina

Discussion in 'General' started by SuperDourPack, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Hey wassup blades and bladies I was considering moving to North Carolina imma take a trip there in a few weeks to see what it's headed for. Does anyone live out there, know any nice areas that aren't to pricy? I heard it's beautiful out there.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Chimney Rock

• Like Like x 1
  3. I grew up in VA, I spent loads of time in NC. If you're a hippie, Asheville is for you (it's a liberal city nestled in the mountains). If you're a professional, businessman type person, Charlotte is a great city (low crime and tons of high-earning job opportunities). I'm not familiar with the eastern side of the state...

• Like Like x 3
  4. Whats chimney rock like?

5. Yea imma be doin it with a buddy of mine on some chances make champions type of deal and to just see what other places have to offer. I also gotta do it while I'm young. I was thinking Charlotte because I think it's more "up to speed " from what I heard. I plan on stating in medical field and considering RN, or lpn, and I wanna start my prerequisites in my hometown and transfer out there but that's a whole other situation. Thanks for the feedback bro

6. Come to the Triangle. The Triangle is a large metro area that includes Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill as well as their suburbs (Cary, Apex, Morrisville, Garner) and all in all about 2 million people live here. It's pretty liberal, especially Durham and Chapel Hill/Carrboro. CH/C are ultra liberal and have gay and trans pride flags on every pole downtown, have protests and community gatherings/events, downtown has tons of bars, restaurants, music venues, a $4 theater, a comedy theater, art museums, planetarium, shopping, it's just amazing. It's also cheaper than Asheville. Asheville is like Chapel Hill but in the mountains and not near the beach or any big cities. It's job market irelies heavily on tourism and hospitality, and it's extremely expensive. It's a nice place to visit or spend a weekend or camp in the mountains nearby, but I wouldn't live there. Raleigh is the capital of course and has jobs galore in the biotech, information tech, high tech and medical tech. Note all the tech there - it's a very innovative area. Cutting edge tech from universities like NC State, Duke and UNC. It's hilly, it's lush and green trees everywhere, it's dense. Not tacky, ie there's 0 billboards on the interstates here and you can't see the urban landscape just trees and some high rises. There's also Research Triangle Park in between Raleigh and Durham that has roughly 50,000 employees and very good paying prospects. Highly recommend. Also, we're getting Google Fiber. Charlotte is aight, traffic is bad, it's more conservative due to its huge financial industry. Lot of banks and insurance headquarters including BofA, etc, means there will be old rich white conservative republicans. It's less dense than the Triangle and much more suburban outside of its downtown core. I would live in Charlotte but I'd have to move there with a significant pay increase, don't really want to leave the Triangle. In NC I've lived in Southern Pines, Fayetteville, Durham, Chapel Hill and Raleigh.

• Like Like x 6
  7. My other significant half, is from Mount Airy. Her family all still live out there, very beautiful place, especially the smokey mountains! Good luck on your travels!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. Charlotte sounds more for you or Winston somewhere built up I guess for your chosen profession. They are both nice places, says my other half. We plan to visit NC in a year or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yea from what I've been hearing Charlotte is the place to be. Imma look up Winston and see what they say about it thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  10. This guy knows

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks for the information bro I'm going on a trip down the in the beginning of aug. Imma check some places out. I'm not with the gay or trans shit though lol I would like to stay away from that. I'm a young dude I'm my 20'a I would def. Like to be in a not fast but moving area with diversity.

12. #12 Memory_Camp, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2017
    Again, hookups aren't allowed here.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Born and raised in NC. Asheville will be the place id recommend!

14. I was raised about a hour south of Charlotte. If you can deal with the city and crime, go for it!