NORML UK PROTEST Cannabis Hypocrisy Week

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Z42OM, Oct 6, 2013.

1. #1 Z42OM, Oct 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2013
    So I've just received an email update from the frankly brilliant NORML UK team. 

The email states that there will be a "Cannabis Hypocrisy Week" (protest) taking place outside (or near) the House Of Parliament on Oct 9th - and that the general public will LEGALLY be allowed to consume their cannabis medicine in the eye of the brutal police force.

The protest is against the ridiculous pharmaceutical drug known as Sativex - a cannabis extract tincture in the form of a spray which is VERY expensive to general patients and does NOT produce the amazingly beneficial effects of the original herbal cannabis smoking method. It obviously dosnt even compare.

All in all , I'm not sure if the idea is to legalise cannabis use as a whole, or to decriminalise cannabis use, or to regulate cannabis as a recreational privilege like Amsterdam, or to regulate it medically to people in need - like the many States over in the US, I just dont know. 

But obviously right now, any of those methods are good enough. Or at least better than being wrongly accused of being a drug addict or criminal. Fuck that.

(I'm a subject of this).

Anyway, I'm just interested how many fellow UK GC users are interested in attending the protest.

I'm not expecting a whole load of replies to this post because I know the majority of people using GC forums are in the States or Canada , Australia and such. But I'm HOPING there will be lots of people attending.

I already know that there will be medical patients from The Netherlands attending (good on ya!). But I've been to a few UK / London cannabis protests and I think the best turn out I've ever seen is about 70 people. Which is disappointing. 

This time round, I'll be hoping for AT LEAST 200 people. If not I think I'll begin losing hope in ever seeing cannabis use receive ANY recognised credit in the UK. And I'll start planning to move to Amsterdam or Peru. Seriously.

(Peru possession of 8grams is legal).

Furthermore -

I'm going to my college tomorrow and I'm definitely guna tell as many people as possible to bring their illegally purchased (or grown) cannabis and join me at The House Of Parliament to legally smoke in front of the general public, showing them that cannabis use is safe and beneficial to not only sick people, but for EVERY person who deserves it, for many different reasons. 

So to conclude -

If possible, please please please attend this peaceful protest. Bring as much weed as want. Smoke up. Show the world what we can do when we grow.

Peace  :smoke:

2. Good to see but does that mean non medical users can light up too? Have they given them some sort of special permit in order to smoke legally? Keep up the good fight NORML UK. 

3. Only just seen this. Is there an update of any kind.

everything I write is fictional and should never be taken seriously. I just want to be a big boy and look cool in front of my friends.

4. [quote name="nomoredoubts" post="18804545" timestamp="1381341816"]Good to see but does that mean non medical users can light up too? Have they given them some sort of special permit in order to smoke legally? Keep up the good fight NORML UK. [/quote]Im not sure , check out the site - norml.co.uk , or sumthing alikeSent from my GT-S5830i using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. #5 FrankTheTank28, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2014
    Best wishes. Hope all goes well. If I had money for an airplane ticket, I would help out.