Norml...Superbowl ad

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by onkruid, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Like I said. That is the mind set of GC. If it's legal who cares.

2. #82 happyhollowglass, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2013
    [quote name="Green Wizard" post="18713830" timestamp="1379724122"]That's blasphemy in bold.We will never see eye to eye as a result.Have fun playing connect the dots.Upward and onward with the super bowl ad I say![/quote] here here! While I cannot read through all of the posts... My opinion is that at least the topic is being draw into the open. It is still up to US - The people to be aware that governments and large corporations are linked and working together for their own gains. May we at least utilize this opportunity to share knowledge? Sent from my P771A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. #83 happyhollowglass, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2013
    [quote name="floating_by" post="18691349" timestamp="1379366437"]I'm not supporting any initiatives of a predatory lending organization. You shouldn't either.If it were Goldman Sach's, Citibank, JP Morgan, would you then be curious about all this? Well, same difference.Bankers are the problem, not the solution.This place makes my head hurt more every day. Come on people.[/quote] wouldn't you like to tell all of the people that the government has indeed (unsurprisingly) been lying about the validity of the use of cannabis as quite possibly one of the most medically effective plants on the planet? I feel if all this gets us is a taste of sharing the truth with those that truly may benefit. Than that is what it was meant to be! Planting everlasting seeds of inspiration since 1999!http://happyhollowglass.comHappy Hollow GlassSent from my P771A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Intuit is sponsoring this, right?
    Prohibitonist corporations have largely been the impetus for continuation of prohibition, have they not?

You haven't even the slightest iota of understanding in what I'm saying, to the point its impossible to bring someone up to speed that is so blatantly unaware of their surroundings in this world. You can be told whatever you want to hear and you'll do it.
    You'd be the first to find yourself in the "chamber" dumbfounded as to how you arrived there.

5. I try. Everyone has already forgotten these facts and cares not about them.
    "Legal weed. We want legal weed." That's about as deep as it gets now for many. They don't care the details. Too much effort.

6. I want legal weed. That said, I also understand that no bill that eventually becomes law is perfect. Washington's law is far from perfect, Colorado's law is far from perfect. When I look at the pro's vrs the cons of each of the laws I still see that legalizing was better than not. Neither state has succumbed to a corporate takeover, In both states residents have now excellent legal business opportunities that did not exist prior to the laws being passed. Yes, there may be some negatives that occur because of these laws, but when I weigh it all out the positives still outweigh the negatives.

You're trying to link a superbowl advertiesment for legalizing cannabis to and evil corporation in bed with the government, however, said evil corporation is just a conduit for another organization/movement to wake the masses up from the lies and crimes that have been committed against cannabis consumers.

Legalizing cannabis is one issue.

You're trying to tackle several issues at once by walking down your own path of rightousness through the dirty jungle that is corporate politics, which does not exist, and your willing to shoot yourself in the foot over your muddled thinking that has blinded you from opportunities when they come falling from the cloud and wiggle on your face.

8. Prohibiton is a very complex set of issues. Trying to make it into ONE issue isn't even possible if you want to have any meaningful conversation on the topic. In fact, it isn't possible to discuss this in a vacuum. Why try?

So a corporation with a history of predatory sub-prime lending isn't enough for you to question whether this is a good idea as to a way to advance the cannabis movement? They are a bank, and expecting good deeds to come out of a large bank is like expecting Pamela Anderson to fall from the sky and wiggle in my face. It ain't happening. They are a part of the problems facing this crumbling nation, not a solution. Whitehouse.gov let's you click on meaningless voting buttons too. Be sure to click there as well. Same difference.

The problems facing this "crumbling nation", and pointing fingers to blame is irrelevant to the goal of getting a Norml ad to run during the superbowl man (by the way, the problems we face go way beyond banks and the financial system). Intuit is going to exist regardless, why not use them to our advantage? You wanna fight a personal war with the banks and what not, then go right ahead. In the meantime, I'd like to enjoy some fine sensimilia without being a criminal.

Upward and onward with this superbowl advertisement I say!

10. Google "HSBC Money Laundering." Start there. Sheesh. It's all connected if you open your eyes.

11. I'd rather have some stupid corrupt business owning NORML and owning the Cannabis industry than having to rely on fucking drug dealers to get my Cannabis. 

Get the word out! Vote NORML! 

12. What's the difference between the two??

You're trolling so hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMz8PKe5RFU

14. #96 happyhollowglass, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2013
    [quote name="floating_by" post="18726471" timestamp="1379963368"]I try. Everyone has already forgotten these facts and cares not about them."Legal weed. We want legal weed." That's about as deep as it gets now for many. They don't care the details. Too much effort.[/quote]...we have to take the approach of pointing out why prohibition is again... A failure and does not work! Not "We want legal weed"We live amongst generations of people riding on myth and lies about a plant... Those very people have lived through this before! We won't convince everyone that cannabis as practically a miracle medicine... But can we convince them that their SUPPORT of families being torn apart over a peaceful plant is probably NOT fully within their morals? 1380171071590.jpg ...it's a just a plant"Wake up and burn the flowers":wacko:

15. YESSSSSS...........keep voting people.... every day.

Don't forget that you can vote once a day. Together we can make marijuana legalization a topic of conversation at every game watching party across the country!
    If you vote, we will win.
    Click here to vote
    \n\nfrom op
    \nand lets be honest big business will own this industry there is too much money to be made for them not to, but with any luck maybe it'll be like wine and mom and pop operations will be on the shelf next to the big guys.  I don't know but maybe.  Nobody knows for sure. It's all conjecture.

16. Did you vote today?
    Hear no evil norml!:)

Attached Files:

17. Trending #1 on Yahoo was an article about the NORML superbowl ad possibility. After all the points have been made ( and made well BTW) I still cannot help but to feel the media exposure this issue is getting can do nothing but help the cause of changing perception about marijuana. As of lately, almost all of the media exposure has been favorable. The DOJ's plan to back off states that have a structure in place to regulate, the new states lining up to either legalize recreational or legalize medicinal, Gupta, there are many other examples. Overall, regardless of unintended consequences of legalization this new era of presenting marijuana in a new light, as both a medicine and as recreational alternative to alcohol is in my opinion a huge step forward in changing public perception from what it was to what it needs to be.