NORML Marijuana Debate on C-Span

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Bountyhunter, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Two things you cannot hide forever,the truth and the sun.
    The truth will deal more damage to the anti-drug coalition than they can stand and one day,very soon,America will awaken and see the sun.

2. Thank you!
    I hate when people respond with 'I have my card, so why vote yes'

Get the word out; and get people to vote YES on Prop 19!

3. Your right the walls can see me but they can't read what im typing, PLEASE HELP!!!!

4. Allen St Pierre is one mellifluous individual. Good debate. I think Allen did very well at highlighting the failures of prohibition and how much of a good thing legalisation would be.

5. I notice that whether its the callers in this debate or the comments on other marijuana related articles, the majority of the people are speaking in favor of legalization or prop 19 or whatever it is...

I think thats probably the case because once people get engaged with the issue, its pretty hard for a rational person to look at all the evidence and still side with prohibition. But there are so many people that have not heard the evidence, so they just by default go with what the government has told us since we were kids!

They don't really care about the issue, so they are not commenting or engaging in the debate, they just say "pot is bad" because thats what they've always been told. Whether prop 19 passes or not (and I hope it does, my wife and I's votes have been cast as a YES) its just a matter of time before legalization happens as the issue gets more press and more people hear the truth.

6. It's great to see more "yes" voters closer to election time. Going to be a nail bitter on the 2nd even though I'm not from Cali. A lot of peoples future rests on Prop 19. This can be the big push that has been brewing for decades. I doubt it will reach my state anytime soon but nevertheless it's a huge step forward and that's better than not moving at all.

7. Yeah I agree... Even if we don't get it passed this time, we will. This campaign has opened the doors to discussion on this issue and it is causing people to stop and THINK about prohibition and all it's failures.

I too have seen how people are changing their minds about cannabis. For every ranting prohibitionist out there on the 'net there are ten people who come along and speak the truth. Even the most hardcore against it, have backed off trying to say that weed is dangerous or a gateway drug. Everyone knows that's bullshit by now. So all they have left is "prop 19 isn't perfect" argument. Which for many I think doesn't really hold much water.

I think we're gonna win by a big margin myself, but even if we don't, we have already won, because Prop 19 has opened the door and exposed the truth. Once the truth is out there, it's pretty hard to stop it. :)

8. either im really stoned:smoke: or cspan is no longer showing this video:eek:

9. the only people saying "no" are people that have been against it from the start of time
    and people who are profiting from selling medical buds

but what they don't realize is that prop 19 will not effect medical cannabis

they just fear the competition, with competition the price will should drop a little bit
    meaning a loss of profits

but at the same time i'm sure a few more people will be buying that don't have a medical card

but anyone that lives in Cali needs to vote YES because it will eventually domino
    just like medical cannabis did.
    of course it will not happen over night, it will take time, but sill....

10. #32 BambooBear, Oct 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2010
    Just searched "prop 19" at cspan.org and got the video:
    C-SPAN Video Player - Asa Hutchinson & Allen St. Pierre

My guess was the previous page was just a quick "here's a 3 hr cut from the live feed" and this link will be a little more permanent way to access the video directly.