NORML: Interview With Ron Paul

Discussion in 'General' started by Liquidtruth, Jun 14, 2007.

1. An interview with Ron Paul about his views on cannabis.

<embed height="10" width="24%" autostart="FALSE" src="http://audio.norml.org/audio_stash/NORML_Daily_AudioStash_05_24_2007.mp3"><blockquote>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Paul
    Paul advocates a strictly limited role for the federal government, low taxes, free markets, a non-interventionist foreign policy, and a return to monetary policies based on commodity-backed currency. He has earned the nickname "Dr. No" because he is a medical doctor who votes against any bill he believes violates the Constitution.[1] In the words of former Treasury Secretary William Simon, Paul is the "one exception to the Gang of 535" on Capitol Hill.[2] He has never voted to raise taxes or congressional pay, and refuses to participate in the congressional pension system or take government-paid junkets.[3][4] He has consistently voted against the USA PATRIOT Act,[5] the Military Commissions Act of 2006, and the Iraq War.[6]</blockquote>He does not seem to have a shot, but stranger things have happened, right?! Hope you all enjoy.

2. <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G8t7jqis2Mc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G8t7jqis2Mc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TZJSHYPkWbo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TZJSHYPkWbo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

3. He was also on The Colbert Report, which is being rerun right now (1:30 AM EST)

4. ron paul has my vote,,,, im a reg. republican,,, what other choices do i have,,

the libertarian, party cant get thier shit togheter,, or id vote for them,, right down the line,,,

but on a second note.. politics is a crock of shit..... legalize weed, and you got my vote...... this gov. in my eyes is on a downfall.... all of these politicians,, wipe thier ass daily with the constitution....

i mean wtf. george washington grew weed..... fuck these pot laws......

im sick of this country,,,,decriminilize pot you fucks!!!!!!!!! im on a forced no pot smoking rule right now,,, so im irritable as hell......fuck this system,,,, my frredom to the pursuit of happiness, to me means getting high...... you take that away from me and we got issues,,,, and right now i cant get high,,, so i aint free!!!!!!fuck PROBATION!!!!!!

5. A truly amazing man. If anyone reading this hasn't heard of him, look him up. After you learn about him spread the word, America needs him.

6. The millitary commisions act of 2006 is some of the biggest bullshit our government has ever pulled, and then when we give them shit over it, they try to make us feel bad by saying "You're helping the terrorist by giving them the details of this act, you should be ashamed of yourself".

7. I dont vote for freemasons....which is basically the whole electorial party....Don't trust the goverment people...:wave:

8. Wow. Thanks for posting this. You've really changed my whole view of the government.

9. What a Black thought.

10. i know who im voting for. as if my vote really matters anymore. but fuck hilary and obama

11. Just cause I'm black does'nt mean I'm voting for Obama...Ron paul on the other hand is legalizing herb,destroying the CIA and unveiling the debts that America owes which is in the trillions if you did'nt know. He's got my vote

12. Ron Paul is not a Freemason, and I don't see any logic in your... idea.

I know several Freemasons, I like their style, they have a great attitude about the world.

They've advocated human rights, truth and and love. They'd fit in with a ton of people on this site :)

The French and American revolution wouldn't have been the same without their contributions.

EDIT: I like Ron Paul from what I've heard. I'm not really following this election crap too much. I'll start paying attention a few months before the *actual* election.

You guys can't do much worse than Bush.... unless you elect McCain

13. Everyone should vote for Ron Paul, he definately has a shot, he won the first debate.

14. Though McCain is full of shit, I'm gonna have to say that Giuliani and Hillary are worst.

15. he comes from my state.

so proud.

16. To be honest they're all pretty bad.

Obama has his moments.

Ron Paul and Steve Kubby are the only options I would vote for (If I were an American). Both of which don't have a snowball's hell in chance of winning, unfortunately.

But we'll all just one vote, right?

17. Ron Paul has increasingly been having a steady stream of supporters- real supporters. Not those who just give money, but real Americans taking it to the streets to get his name out. So I like to think Ron Paul has somewhat of a chance just because the fact he doesn't blow the same shit from his ass like everyother canidate and his ideals connect with most Americans- they just don't know who he is.

18. Republicans don't stand a chance this election. Anyone who could potentially win in the future should delay a full term and run later. For how everything has been mishandled these past two terms a Republican winning would be like a pig flying over hells frozen mountain tops.

19. I am not an American. If I was an American I would never vote for a Republican. Then Ron Paul hit the scene. I would vote for that man because he makes sense, and actually cares about the issues and not mindless buzz words and propaganda. Ron Paul is the only candidate the makes sense. Screw what party he is running for, vote for the man, not his party. Hell, if I was a registered Democrat I would switch simply so I could do everything in my power to make sure Ron is running for President and no other Republican. I really like the guy, I wish someone like that was running for Prime Minister in Canada (Well, since there is no election, I guess I wish a man like him was the leader of one of the parties), instead of the unqualified-crap-tastic-fucktards that currently lead the parties. :)