Normal Yellowing?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by For A Better LifE, Apr 25, 2014.

1. 66 Day old plant. 
    27th day since flip.
    Temps/humidity stay inside optimum ranges.
    DWC

Using
    Canna Aqua Flores, Canna PK13, Silicon+
    ppm  running from 850 down to 600
    ph does tend to drift up toward a low 6

Lower nodes are yellow. Some slight leaf drop, but not of yellow leaves.
    Is this just a natural thing, or do I need to look at increasing ppm or supplementing individual nutes?

Attached Files:

2. if your ppm is starting at 850 and dropping to 600, then your solution is too weak. step it make a full strength solution for next top off. see what ppm is at after res has mixed for a while, then see if it continues dropping

Kk, I see where you're going there, and it's totally my fault I should have explained that better.
    When I do res changes I'm currently introducing 850ppm, and I don't let it fall below 600ppm. They always seem to eat a chunk of fresh nutes the 1st day. But the ppm doesn't necessarily drift down. They seem to go through daily cycles of wanting a lot of nutes or water.
    My water levels had dropped impressively this reading. Reservoirs were down to half capacity.
    The ppm on one plant was basically stable, the other other res reading had gone up slightly.

4. #4 For A Better LifE, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2014
    Tbf, I do always aim to see my ppm's head slightly downward. I'm too afraid of them shooting upward and becoming toxic.
    The two plants have very different appetites, but the one with the yellowing tends to take 100ppm the first night of a res change. After that It averages about 50ppm/day. It  varies between 1 & 2 litres of water/day.  These are 15liter buckets.
    Sometimes I top it off for the first 2days. I change out the res when it is 1/2 to 1/3 full. About every 5days.
    This is a boxed Scrog grow, I've not had a visual on my roots in weeks