Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Normal Person AND Cannabis Smoker

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Sam_Spade, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Why do these things seem mutually exclusive to so many people?

2. When you engage in illegal activity you're a criminal. Criminals are bad people, generally shunned by society.

3. Wow that was a good response.

I just feel like I'm almost pressured to conform to stereotype sometimes.

4. Mostly because of social stigma. Although that has largely gone away with smoking cannabis, many who are ignorant or don't approve view smokers with disdain and consider that cannabis can only be a negative influence in peoples' lives. While it can be, it doesn't have to be. Most of these views exist because it is easy and takes little knowledge to make sweeping generations about an entire demographic.

5. Haha, damn steriotyping bacteri-. In the end it doesn't really matter what anyone has an opinion about, were all here for the same purpose, to destroy the Earth and ourselves.

Meh, just smoke a bowl and forget about em/it.

6. Define what a "normal" person is?

I'm not normal, heh. Far from it.

7. Aslinger started it, did he not? He was the first to call it the "evil weed" and started up a shitload of controversy amongst society. Then came Reefer Madness, which believe it or not actually had a humongous effect; I know a lot of kids who seriously think weed kills people because of that movie.

I also think its because of Christian morals. Enough said. Of course, no offense intended.

And then of course there's the fact that it's illegal. :bongin:

8. Woah, people actually took that movie seriously? My mind is blown, I've shown it to many people and not one took it seriously, stoner or not.

And for your other point, drinking underage is illegal too but it seems to be overall socially accepted. Although that may be because that alcohol is legal so I may just be talking outta my ass.

People who smoke herb has been stereotyped into high school dropouts who don't know where they parked their car. Thanks largely to the media and entertainment businesses, which are slowly becoming one in my eyes.

9. i'm with babe, i think it's hard to come up with a conclusive defenition of "normal"

10. The reason is typically such a relationship involves a conflict.

Of course not all such relationships have a conflict.

However the only way you can have a non-conflicting relationship is if the non-weed smoker accepts the weed smoker's choice, or if the weed smoker stops his habit.
    If that does not happen the relationship is either in a continuous state of confliction or does not exist.

A realtionship in a continuous state of confliction is an unhappy one (non-smoker will feel bad for his friend, smoker will feel akward at non-smokers displeasure).
    I also count hiding your habit as a realtionship with a confliction. It makes me unhappy.