Normal look new growth?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by NorthernAutos, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Does this look normal to you guys or is the stringiness to it from heat stress? Thanks! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1417756067.392606.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1417756080.139819.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1417756090.710649.jpg

2. What is your temp/RH?

3. Last I checked it was at 80f, I've seen it range from 76-82 though. I'm a beginner still so don't know what RH is

4. Relative Humidity.

5. Oh... Humidity. I do not know, haven't got myself a reader yet

6. I would remove all of the older growth that does not look healthy. 

7. Even if this is an Autoflower? (22 days old)

8. You should have the ability to measure RH and be able to PH your water at the very least.

If it isn't healthy, how much can it help the plant?

9. I wasn't doubting you haha I was just making sure it's ok on auto's

10. Also, This is my first grow and I didn't want to go out and buy everything I thought I would need. Now that I know I need it, I can get it.

11. #11 Mad_Prophessor, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2014
    I feel you bro.  These are just things that will make your life easier as you will need to know these details.

These little guys are helpful as they give you an idea what is going on in your soil.  The ability to read the moisture level in the soil with a probe is really helpful to beginner Blades such as yourself.   ;)

http://www.sunleaves.com/detail.asp?sku=SDFM800

12. Awesome I'll add one of those to my shopping list, slowly building up the supplies haha

So if I got that pH reader, you would recommend me getting something to balance the pH levels?

13. Also would switching to distilled water be beneficial? I'm currently using water straight from the tap

14. I bought a PH up and down kit (prolly like $16).  

Tap water is fine (an inline filter would be better), just make sure you leave it sitting for at least 24 hours for the chlorine to evaporate and the water get to room temp.  If your water is too cold, it will shock the roots.

15. What are the lights and nutrients you're using? They look a little hungry imo but a little more info would help no end.

16. The light is a 35 actual watt CFL, shitty I know. Should be getting a 180w LED in the mail tomorrow.

As far as nutes go I havent fed them in over a week, I dont like to because all I have is some Miracle grow powder. Looking at Advanced Nutrients Big Bud and maybe one another if you have any recommendations 

17. Get something better than Miracle Grow for sure.  It really isn't made for ganja.

18. #18 NorthernAutos, Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2014
    Yeah im looking right now, How does Advanced Nutrients pH perfect grow and Big Bud sound? One for veg one for flowering haha

edit- Are those only for hydroponics? If so will that mean theres no way I could use it in soil?

19. I dunno.  Blue Planet organic high yield system is what I swear by.  Their feed schedule can be following by a primate.

20. The miracle grow powder is alright in small, weak doses (its high in nitrogen.) the LED will make a huge difference, good choice imo. The Advanced nutes Big Bud sounds good but make sure you talk to the person in the know at the hydro shop they are keen to help in most cases. I use a 2 part veg and a 2 part bloom nute system in soil/perlite with periodic doses of a pro-biotic liquid utilising kelp, seaweed, fish and humid acid. (Available at most plant and hydro shops). Remember to ph everything after mixing and when budding starts if you have the room bend that auto over into a horizontal position for maximum exposure to all bud sites under the LED which should be about 30cms above.
    Every grow is different so observe and respond till you get her dialled in. Happy growing to ya. Hope I've helped.