NorCal Growers Respect Thread

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Gold Hill Ganga, Jan 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Not sure any of us know much about tissue culture besides reading about itman experiment and get back to us;)

2. ribavirin and adenine

Anyone heard of these for tmv?

3. Googledit doesnt look to be for plants but rather human use.

4. Don't smoke cigs around your grow. Cigarette tobacco is commonly contaminated with the virus and should not come in contact with your plants. Making any kind of homemade nicotine based insecticide is a bad idea also. The roots of a plant infected with TMV can be a source of TMV so no reusing soil of an infected plant. There is no way to cure your plant but TMV can be slowed down long enough to harvest by boosting the plants systematic acquired resistance response by treating with aspirin mixed at 250-500 milligrams per gallon of water and can be used as a soil drench or foliar spray. The infected plant has more of a chance to infect others the longer it's kept alive so the removal and disposal of the infected plant is generally recommended. Don't be to hasty to diagnose as TMV since similar symptoms can be cause by a variety of other growing issues. Quarantine and rule out curable problems before destroying any host plant ;)

5. These work for plant viruses but not TMV

6. Great info!!!!! Damn ripped that's awesome !!! Thank you my cannabis doesn't have pm but my apple tree does

7. Aspirin works?

8. Always here to help ;) you need to figure out what to do for that apple tree because the spores will transfer over to your outdoor grow :( I pulled out an entire field of some ground cover shit that had it last year and infected my grow so I hope this year I don't have an issue.

9. To slow for the progression so that u can harvest but NOT to cure. There is NO cure :( all my info comes from experience or Ed Rosenthals books;)

10. Oh i know that just need to keep my plants good to finish the season then im leaving everything here behind or trashing it and starting new at a new spot.

11. Aww shit I hope that doesn't happen last year I had my kens cut down wind all last season with no problems . I'm not saying this means I'm safe I just didn't know better and got luck I think maybe ill pull the apple :( I better get a new one!!
    That sucks I saw so many bees pollinating the apple flowers the other day !!!

12. Gonna go get some aspirin and start using it on my worst plants.

13. Can you xplant your tree elsewhere? Some plants are more susceptible and others won't get it as easily. I had it on my LA and NL but not my blue dream.

14. Right here:wave: What do you need to know mr.raider? I am educated in cell culture.

Cell culture will stop the spread of the virus. If you want me to pump out a wall of info I will this evening. But, like I said before in laymen terms the virus spreads slower than the plant grows. You will need to use an uninfected new growth for you to have a new plant that is not infected.

:eek:Nice!!!!

Yup, there are a few ways to do it.... I was in a rush and had no time to explain... Just wanted to put it out there that milk works!

15. Lol I have that same book. .I dont smoke and never reuse soil. However I do cycle through a lot of different strains and did not know about this disease. I suspect it came from a c4 strain I recently acquired it is chem dog x with diesel a known carrier that is immune I've read

16. Be careful asprin before silver was also used to hermi plants for feminized seeds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.