Nor Cal vs. So. cal thread?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by CaliNorthCoast, Apr 25, 2013.

1. I say each nor cal and so cal 2013 thread nominate three growers. with each grower doing a weekly update of their 3 favorite green ladies.
    Each participants weekly update will receive a score based on that updates likes. We could work out a more elaborate scoring system but since this is just an idea at this point ill wait and see if you guys are interested. Lets settle this debate for good. Even though nor cal will obviously crush so-so cal. ;)

2. Then we can just rename this section The Californian Growers Forum......

Don't you fuckers have enough circle jerk threads already ?

3. I think theres really only one then theres the grower where everyone from anywhere compete

4. No interest? I guess it wouldn't even really be a fair sided competition

5. #5 rippedeyed, Apr 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2013
    Jealous? Much.... Lol ;)

6. NorCal is where it's all going down. SoCal would get crushed, have you seen Richard Deans and Mike Thric's grows not to leave out others here in NorCal.

7. Hey mang.... :mad: :p

I made sure to include everyone in the growers challenge. It just happens that most of the people who signed up to compete are from norcal. I'd love to have more locations competing. We need great growers in every state to win this war on pot.

8. I been recruiting people because we DO need more people from around the states to get in on the growers challenge. It's just for good fun unless some people are scurred ;) lol

9. #9 CL4P-TP, Apr 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2013
    Here is the deal mamma.

We get Cali growers who get mature clones ( 2 footers) that come from tried and true strains, that yield in your area. Then they get a couple of 30 gallon pots, fill with fox farms, and then under perfect conditions pull in a 3/4 of a lb....... so obviously they're the best growers ever. Not just so so growers taking advantage of situation.

Shit I searched from Washington State to Sacramento, from Coos Co. to Reno looking for a home knowing ill be growing in my backyard..... Cali just has too fucking many taxes and nanny state laws for my taste.

Get growers who crop out in less then ideal conditions each year then set em next door .....you'll get some serious penis envy. Like Richard Dean has shown.

• Like Like x 1
  10. #10 mjmama25, Apr 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2013
    LOL 3/4 pounds from a 30 gallon of fox farms just shows they put in too little effort. I think you're seriously under estimating the amount of work that we all put into our crops. Richard happens to be the only one of us that started with teens that I know of. I grew mine up myself from seeds and clones I cut myself. I started all the way back in January. Vegged under cfls and a t5. Dug huge holes and mixed my own high quality soil. I bust my ass to grow huge high yielding plants. If other people aren't willing to put in that level of effort... they need to quit their bitching. You seem like the only one with penis envy around here. The rest of us are just trying to have fun growing our plants.

11. Real cali growers are pulling more then 3/4 lb off 30 gallon smart pots. If they are starting with teens and getting that yield they should be kicked out of Cali for laziness

12. If you live in ca an pull under a lb out of a 30gal pot you can put that down as the worst grower ever.
    So what do you call us that just fill holes and pull 5-10lb plants. Master growers.

13. ^^ I wouldn't call myself a master grower I'm hoping to one day get there I'm planning on pulling 3-5 lb in 65 gallon pots. A lot of great growers up here are pulling down the ten pound monsters. Anything other then a pound is a rookie that has no idea what's going on. (I was there once)

14. Very well said. AND if anyone paid any attention most of us started from seed....

15. I just get tired of the stereotypes. Not everyone in norcal grows in wide open sunny fields. My plot is cramped, shady, and pest infested. But I make it work. Just like growers in every location have to make it work. It's bullshit for anyone to undermine my hard work because they're jealous (or jaded) of where I live. Norcal is full of great growers, but it's also full of shitty growers. I know lots of people who live in my general area who can't yield half of what I do per plant, even with more hours of sun! I also know people who grew elsewhere and moved here and still can't grow for shit. It's all about effort and passion. Not location.

16. Very well said again Mama. I also know people close to me that CAN NOT grow. You get what you give with this passion. And it's just that a passion. It's just a little easier for us in Cali because of the legality of it and we don't have to hide but that doesn't make us automatically great growers. If you're passionate about your grow you can grow great bud anywhere...

17. Hon, my plants have to be harvested by Oct. 1st or they mold...its called living on the coast....now if you're saying that the extra 30-60 days flower you get isn't a factor in yield you're pretty fucking obtuse.

18. #18 Gold Hill Ganga, Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2013
    Penis envy... Don't you first have to be envious of something or someone to have penis envy? And y are u talking shit about RD? You don't know the guy, he isn't even on this thread, so who really has penis envy huh?

19. #19 mjmama25, Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2013
    California has a coast too sweetie. But keep talking. We love watching you make yourself look stupid.

Lots of Norcal growers can't put their plants out until june and have to harvest just as early as you. But we find ways around it. It's because we have passion for what we do and find ways to make it better every year instead of bitching about the things that hold us back. You can do green houses. Light depo to flower early, or just look for early flowering strains like I do. I've grown a lot of shitty strains that didn't finish before the rains in order to find the ones that do work for me. The one plant that I left until late october last season lived through countless rains and frosts.

20. damn this wharfrat guy is an asshole haha..