Nor Cal Guerilla Grow Plan. Advice/tips?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by NorCalTemp, Feb 9, 2010.

1. This is my first grow. I have selected the strains that im going to use
    -Nirvana Northern Lights
    -Dutch Passion Durban Poison

I am planting in an area with shrubs and trees, the area i have selected for now is on a hill with around 9 hours of sunlight, 30 yards from a small stream but still has a hiking path 80 yards away in both direction. One of which is visible from the grow spot, this has been a concern to me but i dont know if its that vital to disregarding the spot.

The spot has large, medium trees with prickly bushes around and for sure hard to get to. ( I had to crawl over/under 10 yards of shrubs to get there )

I am going to buy an unknown number of CFL lights, 26w 6500k lights for around a few weeks of veg before i transplant my girls into the wild.

I feel like i have a lot of it planned but i have no idea what to do with soil. Im going to be getting a pH meter to test out the pH of the area but dont know what to do after that (What soil to buy, how to mix, what to mix with) etc.

Im going to be digging holes from 3-4 ft deep and putting grow bags inside the hole. I think thats a good idea but not too sure.
    Im looking for a good yeild and for this not to get busted!

Btw: anyone policeman/fed looking to find my crop, good luck

2. Bumpp. Please give advice ppl

3. well i grow in Hawaii all outdoors...make sure to prep your holes very good..worm castings,oyster shell and we use lime for the acid in our soil which breaks down into calcium..fox farm ocean storm is good to prep with the soil...azymite is also a good suggestion for use in soil..blood meal..phophorus rock is also good for the soil too..but thats what we do in Hawaii...lmk if you try any of these recommendation..

4. Also you might want to consider different genetics, NL is really pretty spec'd for indoor growth, outdoor might not generate the results you're hoping for.

5. What strain do you suggest instead of NL? Are you sure they aren't good outdoors? I have heard such good things

6. Nl grows fine outdoors

7. And 80 yards away may seem far, but if someone comes strolling by on the path and smells it they will most certainly know what it is, and if they like it they will most certainly look for it and find it. 80 yards isnt that far i like my spots to at least be a good 200 yards from normal paths.

8. Do you really think that they could smell it from 80 yards?

9. Easily lol. and if the wind is blowing maybe even 130-150 yards

10. idk 80 yards is pretty lengthy. smell really depends how many plants you have at that one certain plot.

11. I would have about 5 plants growing in this particular area. Ill be uploading pictures soon of my place. The trail is across a small stream, on top of a small valley. Do you think that they would still be able to smell it

12. 80 yards isnt even a football field away, if i smoked a cig 80 yards away from you and the wind was blowing towards you it you could easily smell that, and 4-5 plants can easily reek from over 100 yards away outdoors.

13. it also depends on vegetation around the area. a football field is a field with no vegetation. trees could act as barricades. it really depends

14. There is a lot of vegitation, tonnns. Do you really think Northern Lights and Skunk #1 would reek that bad?

And i kind of already am going to plant a few here so is there anything that i could do to reassure that nobody smells it. I measured and it is 78.6 yards away

15. northern lights doesnt smell too strongly, But I mean skunk # 1 got its name for a reason lol. Its some of the smelliest stuff right up there with cheese.

16. Yeah but an outdoor guerilla grow with tons of veg in between? There is a 50 foot drop inbetween the plants and the path soo. And they will be LST so they will be short and not tall

17. big island? I lived there for a bit and always dreamed about planting some dope around pahoa or kona side.

18. i can only imagine the skunks in full flower. however, i did grow cheese last year and it was my smelliest plant, but you could only start to smell it about 20 feet before entering the plot.

19. They really don't smell from a distance unless its windy. IF its windy then you can smell them from so far away.