Nope.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by DirtySix, Jun 3, 2011.

1. None of us will ever be as enlightened as a man who needs no reason to smile.

2. I am happy. Why am I happy? So that I can be happy

3. You've already failed when you feel like you have to express it.

NEXT.

4. Face it, Journey. Your ego got the best of you. You couldn't resist the urge to try and flex your "oneness".

No one even mentioned "happy". "Happy" is a man made concept with words and delusions behind it. A truly "happy" man needs no reason to tell others he is. A truly happy man just is. No words to say about it, no actions to express it. He just is. And this is where you fail.

5. You have rejected All, yet you keep approaching it, and coming back to it. Weird :eek:

6. No, you don't understand it, is all.

Your problem is you spend way too much time exercising your mouth and not enough time exercising your brain.

All you know is I have rejected YOUR idea of "All".

You do not understand why, so you spend your time mouthing off about it instead of listening. You are completely deaf.

7. The man who needs no reason to smile is lucky, the man who has a reason to smile is blessed!

8. I agree with your OP Dirty. I wonder how possible it is? I mean I find myself smiling randomly sometimes, but it's always because of a sunset, or a loved one, or just something amazing that makes me happy. Ganj seems to really bring out the smiles in me though. If you new me in person, I'm pretty much always smiling ear to ear while high, or I'm deep in some crazy mind fuck looking confused. lol

9. Who knows if a conscious man can ever learn to let go of everything to that level?

He would not be a highly functioning one..

10. haha yes. These "high" moments of happiness that in a way is found within, yet in a way are inspired by the world, are always available :)

11. #11 Spiral Out KG, Jun 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2011
    I agee completely entropywins! But then I have to wonder, are they lucky? Wouldn't that lose the excitement to life if you only felt one emotion all the time?

Maybe pot is our attempt at this? (although I have cut back a little SINCE my "enlightenment")

12. this thread could turn into some sweet conversations.

are enlightenment/happiness different ideas? is happiness truly a man made concept?

i'ma roast another bowl and ponder :smoke:

13. Define Love. Define Happiness. Define "me." Define "real." Define "fake."

Can't do it? Then why do you act like you can?

14. I feel like the wide range of human emotions/compulsions are important to expose yourself to if you really want to give yourself the human experience, the chance to understand and accept who you are as a person.

If all you do is sit and toil on only your higher conscious, you neglect to experience your mammalian and reptilian brains. You never get to see how the "bad" in us is just as important to indulge and understand as the "good" in us if you're "enlightened".

But then, what is enlightened? I've thought a lot about this today.
    What makes the monk more enlightened than the baker?

15. Those words define themselves. The experience is much different though.

16. #16 Spiral Out KG, Jun 3, 2011
    I think enlightened is accepting your natural state of being. Peaceful. Most enlightenments also attach to a higher power. This is where "more enlightened" comes from to me, because they are over attached to the higher power.

BTW: I completely agree with your first paragraph. To me, every label you create is there for a reason. To experience it.

17. I can agree with this as an acceptable way to deem someone enlightened.

Most people like to say that sitting around all day and thinking and "becoming All" :rolleyes: is enlightenment.

But when you focus on enlightenment, it seems it takes you in the opposite direction. When all you want to do or talk about is being enlightened and how enlightened you are compared to other people, it seems you've really lost touch with yourself. You've become caught up in the race to be enlightened.

It's important to just be. Quiet down and listen to the world around you. If the universe has a message for someone, let the universe be the messenger. Don't tell someone the message the universe has sent for you. It's likely in gobbledegook and you look like a damn fool when you try to explain the message.

18. enlightenment is a deeper form of delusion from normal delusion. at least normally, one would be open to the possibility.

19. #20 Spiral Out KG, Jun 3, 2011
    I agree very much, but the problem to me is we are in a race against time. If a shift in awakening doesn't happen soon, our natural free will could destroy us (humanity). I really don't worry about it to much though because whatever happens IS natural. All I can do is enjoy the time I've been blessed with naturally.

Going by my definition, I would say everyone is technically enlightened, however true enlightenment to me is a peaceful person that accepts individuality/uniqueness while also accepting we are all one humanity.