Noooooooo!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by AZGREENery, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Am I screwed? I was doing the transplant, and the entire cup of soil came out smooth, what do I do? Try to turn and grab my phone to take a picture and it fuckin dropped. It already had a root going to the bottom of the cup! And that's the root that broke in half , and a smaller one, but that's it.. the plant is standing straight up still, we'll see in a little bit right? Smh

Attached Files:

2. Should be fine. Should have transplanted into a better soil though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Better hope that wasnt the tap root

• Like Like x 1
  4. I pulled half of the root system out of the plant I've got going now at around 3-4 weeks veg. Slowed growth ALOT. Made veg time crazy long. But they're resilient and she made it just fine.
    I think you'll be okay :love-m3j:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Damn, I mean it's had a root for a week now, and that was just one of em.. idk I'll see when I get home.. I'm already preparing for slowed growth of it pulls thru

6. Dude.... it was.
    It was the root that was touching the bottom of the cup, and made foundation, and had little little little growth coming off sides.. half the root fell off, I grabbed the stem and pushed the soil higher up since I messed up, put root enzymes and packed it in and watered it, it stayed standing straight up still and didn't wilt over so I'm guessing that's good bit I'll see when I get home.. too many wood chips huh? What soil do you recommend? Or you recommend just making it?

7. Too many wood chips? What soil do you recommend

8. ive had a plant that lost more than half of its roots because i transplanted about a week early. it took a few weeks to repair itself, but growth is back to normal now

• Like Like x 1
  9. I cannont recommend fox farms as I have had nothing but bad experiences from it. But others would disagree and they swear by it. Its all just trial and error. I use Dr. Earths Pot of Gold. Its packed to the brim with microbial life and is fully organic!. Kelp meal. Blood meal. Bone meal. Worm castings and mycorrhizae

• Like Like x 2
  10. I only use the liquid fertilizer.. I use Kellogs organic patio soil, I need to be adding more perlite to it..

11. Ooh i had a friend grow with that and had terrible results. (He also didnt research and started force feeding nutes 2 weeks in) Pot of Gold isnt super woody and is very light it has a nice mix of perlite in as well. You can get it at home depot as well, mix with the bottom half super soil ans you are golden. Heres a pic of the ingredients
    1499810811429778435903.jpg

149981087382360529640.jpg

12. So that isn't soil by itself? And what's a super soil lol sorry I'm still learning all the terms

13. No it is a soil. I wouldnt start seedlings in it though. Super soil is a living soil and it is rich with microbes that break down the ammendments in the soil and it gives a much better terpene profile imo. There is no need for bottled nutes if you create a super soil and is usually reuseable by adding more ammendements. It gets better with time!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. edit: nvm ignore

15. Hmmm, I'm gonna have to check that

16. I personally had a bad experience with pot of gold... had a good enough experience with ocean forest and having an even better experience with happy frog and plan on staying with it as I have the whole line of dyna gro and that's gonna last me some years anyhow..

Robs New Journal RQS SQ#1 Clones

• Like Like x 1
  17. Really??? My plants absolutely adore Pot Of Gold and have had no signs of issues. My runoff ph was a little low but that could be from my super soil. And its funny because I have had terrible results with Happy Frog haha. Cheers.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Just different for everyone haha.. pot of gold was the first soil I had actually ended up buying... in sure if I tried again in it it probably wouldn't be so bad.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Are these ready made soils? Or do you mix half with other type of soil?

20. Ready made soils... I'll add some dolomite lime and perlite to my mix but that's it... others will add other mixtures into the soil it just depends.

• Like Like x 1