noobs here needs a lil help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by D_FerreT, Jun 11, 2009.

1. So i am moving into a new house soon and i am turning the closet into a grow room. this is what i have so far

-Metal halide light (400 or 600 watt i'll know in a day or so i just forgot:confused:)
    -5 feminised Black Jack seeds --- jack herer x black domino

Going to purchase 2 complete hyrdo systems from a local store, they come with nutes and everything, going to buy this seed starting kit thing my buddy told me to get and a timer and a ph tester and mylar for the walls. Now I am growing not for financial gain, this is purely personal and to make the plants as strong and healthy as possible.

So my basic plan is to just grow the 5 plants, I wanted to try topping 1 of the plants, and LST'ing one of them too, my question is can I do that? Like with the light being closer to 4 of the plants than the LST'ed one? or will i have to raise the one plant closer to the light. any imput or advice is greatly appreciated. Also Odor control now i did some reading on this, it seems carbon scrubbers are like the way to go or ozone generators, but this is my first grow and now sure if ill have the money for all that. Now its not really a necessity I would just rather it not be known what my hobby is. I'll live out in the boonies and my aunt is my landlord so i'll have no cop issues.

P.S. glad to be apart of GS have read hundreds of posts for months now glad ill be starting my own grown journals and stuff soon :smoking:

2. If you want to LST you should LST them all or you are going to find your self adjusting your plants height a lot. Yes you can LST and Top all on the same plant. If you arent worried about cops or anyone in your house smelling it then no you do not need anything. Keep in mind wihtout any odor control during later weeks of flower your whole house will smell.

P.s. Take that seed starting thing you want to buy and subtract 99.9% of the cost and I will sell you my way of starting a seed.

3. My seed starting kit is a pot of soil in a warm place.

4. Well my buddy has the seed starting kit its a lil quicker and little plugs for em too so hes just gonna start mine for me. An update i just traded one of my BlackJack seeds for a Greenhouse AMS seed feminised so hopefully that is good

5. I was planning on LST'ing one plant and TOP'ing another and having 2 grow on there own im not sure yet though what im going to do I will prolly just top all the plants and leave it at that because i will have 2 plants per hydro system so if one plant is bigger i wont be able to elevate the other one. any advice? Maybe LST 2 plants in one of the stsems and let the other 2 plants in the other system grow on there own?

Oh and I got my light today it is a 400 watt Metal halide light, we hooked it up to my buddies system his plants responded so well in just the few hours he had it there. I am gonna get an HPS conversion bulb for flowering too