Noob's 2 plant CFL grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by PeeDee420, Feb 10, 2009.

1. LOL! Ya we are going to do some pics with the nice buds and her nice bod.:hello: As far as seeds goes I have never smoked pot without seeds so I don't yet know what I'm missing lol.

2. is that true about the 12/12 cycle?

3. This statement is unreal... never smoked sensi?! Take a pic of the buds you usually smoke (this is in my bubbler right now), along with your lady. Definitely want to see how she's fattening up.

Once you get your grow sorted out, you'll definitely be smoking the best weed you've ever seen or smelled. No questions asked. Genetics play a role, but you can't have good weed without proper care. And proper care means no seeds.

4. Holy santa clause shit! That doesn't even look like weed to me lol. If I bought that I would be afraid to smoke it. The stuff I get looks like its been dead for years. But it gives me TONS of seeds for more grow so its cool for now until I get my own bud.

5. im assuming you know how to cure right? when you grow sensi it's almost 3x more powerful than anything with seeds in it, but if you cure it......... times the 3x by about 2 and thats how strong it is.

6. I have read alot about drying and curing so I can get through it I think. But its hard because everyone seems to have a different way of drying or curing, like different humidity, different temps, different periods of time. Some want a stem that will snap before curing some like it to still bend but have crispy buds. I just hope I choose the right people to listen to lol. :smoking:

7. as long as its in mason jars, it should be fine.

8. I use glass jars from walmart to store my stash right now. They have a plastic seal inside that seems air tight. I am going to buy some mason jars to cure I just gotta find where to buy them lol.

9. lol, i bought mine at a yard sale from this old lady who used to make jam(hehe). i lucked out i guess.

10. Great find! lol I should just go garage sailing & see if I find any. :D

11. peedee you are my hero! its been so hard to find a good thread of a two plant operation! I'm looking to do exactly what you and your wife are doing. what materials did you buy? wow LST and everything i'm very envious! could you write up a short little "mini-growers" guide or something? if you could that would be absolutly awesome! I have a little seed that just broke ground and is about to shake its seed off.

I hope to follow in your footsteps :hello:

12. Ok this is what Ive learned from Jorge Cervantes on drying and curing:

Drying:
    Leave as much main stem on the bud as possible when drying as it slows the drying process to about 2 - 3wks untill the thickest stems snap, long dry time means the chlorophyl will break down better and thus bud will smoke smoother, this is why no1 says drying in the oven is good, its too fast.
    Another good reason to do this is cuz some resin within the stems will drain into the buds from gravity, meaning stickier buds:p.
    As for temp , 70F - 74F is a good temp range bcuz at around 75F THC starts to degrade at a slightly faster rate. The humidity should be around 50%, ideal is 55%, 60% is good but runs risk of mold.

Curing:
    For curing you will want large jars, and filling them only about 1/2 - 2/3 full is better than entirely full as it allows decarb to happen easier.
    A good temp for curing is the same for drying, that golden range before 75F.
    Humidity should be fine if you allow bud to properly dry, you can use slightly wet bud to prolong drying and slowly let it cure but you will run the risk of mold, and that doesnt smoke good no matter how slow you dry it.

13. good job, i had a few questions about temp myself, but that "cures" that up!! thanx bud.

14. i'm posting this so i get notifications of new posts... love what you're doin man... i have an understair CFL grow with plants about two weeks old and i plan to LST them as well, partially due to your journal! i also have a couple other plants about to be cut... i plan to put some leaves on my gf's titties now! def will post! GL!!!

15. Thanks kmcconkey! I will try to write up a brief summary this weekend. This website is a great place to hang around as you little seedling grows. The people here are very helpful, I would probably have a dieing curling plant if it wasn't for the forum. Good luck on your seedling. The best advice I can give now is dont over water that seems to be the biggest mistake early on. And dont feed it any nutes until atleast 2 weeks in.

Thanks for stoppin by bchaves! If U need any help when U start LST let me know. And let me know when you get those pics of your gf up, me and my wife would love to see em.:hello:

16. Awesome info! Thanks alot bro that will be very helpful for me in a few more weeks. :smoking:

17. Just bumping into your journal.... I an exact same srow as you, except I had shitty soil. I used MG time-release. As bad as everyone says it is, I don't think it's that bad. I definetely understand there are better soils, though. OH, and also, I only had 8-26 w CFL's... I used dome reflectors, too; which next grow, I will definetely not use... they limit how you place your lights. I'll Probally open up a peice of 4inch ventilation tubing and use it as a reflector.

Hurry up with pics though, because I want to see how your nice looking LST compares to side-pulldown of my plants right before budding.

18. AND WHEN CURING>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Make sure to pull your buds OUT OF THE JARS half the time. They will mold if you don't do this. Some people say 12 hrs in jar 12 hours out. Some say 24 in 24 out. My mentor uses 12/12.

After 48 hours your partially dried curing bud, if you don't burp the jars.... Will form a spiderweb type mold all over. Some people say this can happen in as little as 24 hours, Thats why I take the reccomendation of 12/12

19. Thanks for stoppin by. I used MG organic choice to start my seeds because I didn't know any better and it worked well with very minimal nute burn. If you make those reflectors send me a pic because I would like to revamp my setup for my second grow. I will try to get some pics tonight, I've just been really busy lately.

20. I've not heard of this before. I have read put in jars after drying and burp 3-4 times a day for 5-10 mins. What do you do when you leave them out? Just in the jar with the top open for 12 hours?