Noob's 2 plant CFL grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by PeeDee420, Feb 10, 2009.

1. I'm afraid to order seeds to my house and I really don't know anyone that I could ship the seeds to and pick up that would not ask too many questions.

2. its shipped very discreet, it comes in a dvd case wrapped in bubble wrap, wrapped in an envelope and they dont put thier name on it. mailing is like 4-8 days, and if you dont want to use your credit card just get a prepaid visa(25$) then no heat at all.

3. You think its safe to have it shipped to the house I grow in?

4. ITS NEVER SAFE TO ORDER ANYTHING DEALING WITH POT TO YOUR GROW OP!!!
    enough light tho...good luck..ill be watchin:hello:

5. I do and have never had a problem.

6. Page 1 shows how I set it up when they sprouted. Page 2 second post down shows all 8 lights setup. I have made changes since then though.

7. Agreed, I wouldn't send to my address. Get a friend who won't be growing to buy/take delivery, so you're off the map. It's just like going to a hydro store, you know SOMEONE is watching.

And again, on those lights... got any shots of how you set them up? Because with the wattage you're running, your nugs should be bats rather than ping pong balls, ya know? Not attacking your grow, but perhaps there's a better way to do it? Or are there pics, and I'm just not seeing them?

8. I can't see anything at all from those pics dude, and you said you changed things... so? Sorry for being a pain :p

9. This picture is on the second page of my journal second post down lol but here it is again.

Attached Files:

10. We're having a problem with communication here... You said you changed the setup. That looks like an old pic to me ;)

11. Ya that is an old pic if you will notice on an above post I said.

"I have made mods since the last picture of the grow closet. I will try to snap some pics tonight."

I'll try to get you a pic of the new setup tonight lol. Thanks for all your help! :hello:

12. keep us posted and good luck man!!

13. it would be a good idea to find out whether the male pollinated or it's herm, cuz if it's herm then the seeds will have a much higher chance of being herm in the next generation, and this is bad not just cuz it slightly decreases resin production but it also responds much more to stress because the genetic structure is much more unstable.

if it was male pollinated then your all good, if these male pollinated seeds mature and show very low genetic defects, then i recomend refining them and see if you get a good stable strain that can easily be cloned.

who knows what amazing potential lies in bagseed, chemdawg supposedly came from a no-name bag that was at a greatful dead concert.

14. [quote name='guyverman']it would be a good idea to find out whether the male pollinated or it's herm,

I tried asking her but she said she doesn't kiss and tell lol. Sorry I had to be sarcastic there. I really have no way of knowing how she got pollinated unless I find pollen sacs on her but I have not as of yet.

15. well there you go man. maybe some rogue pollen went through your a/c or somethin, if you honestly cant find any sort of sac or banana then it must have been the male. definitely try them seeds out. to do this right id say upgrade your setup to sex about 10 seeds and pick the healthiest male and female to cross.

16. hey still hoping all is well, cant wait until you post new pics, started a cfl grow myself just curious what i can expect the buds to look like. Peace out.

17. So today is day 50 since 12/12 and I have finally solved the problem of the browning drying leaves. After the 14 gallon flush she seems to be stable right now. I am now watering her with our tap water which I was afraid to use at first. We have extremely hard well water. We have a softener that takes the iron out and I was afraid that the salt used to soften our water would not be good for the plant but she is doing great.

The water from our tap is about 8.5 ph which I also though was way to high but she seems to like it. I have stopped all nutes and only giving her molasses now. I don't know how long to leave her before I harvest. I read alot about harvesting based on the trichs but I also read alot about harvesting when it just looks ready. My trichs are now almost all milky but no amber yet.

I also have been reading that its really hard to let a plant go too long. So I think I am just going to let her go until I dont see anymore white hairs or I reach 50% amber trichs, whichever comes first.

I'll try to get pics tonight but she is so big I can no longer slide her out of the closet lol.

18. you run the risk of herm bananas if your on 12/12 too long right?

19. I've heard that but I'm not really sure. She already has seeds in half her buds anyway so it really doesn't matter at the point lol.

20. :'( seeds make me cry..... still got a dank lookin crop though. when you harvest, how bout a picture of your girls' bud over your girl's bud?(notice the placement of apostrophes):hello::smoking: