Noobie needs some expert advice

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 2picks, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Hi all ,

Just got myself some feminized wonder woman seeds (10) which come with some free g13 labs northernlights seeds (5). Ive grown a couple of times before using fluroscent tubes but going to grow using a 400w hps light.

The equipment that ive got at the moment is :

400w hps light with extra mh bulb
    extractor kit

Nutrients
    terra vega & flores
    bat guano
    b-52
    revive

Im thinking about growing in a 1m x 1m x 1.6m area is this ok for my equipment, also what nutrients should i use for the veg stage i know that i need to use the terra vega for vegging but should i use anything else.

As anyone grown with the wonder woman strain and what should i do.
    How do i test the ph of soil grown plants.
    Do you think i need a bigger area for growing in and also im thinking about buying another 400w light.

can someone help me please

2. Sounds like a good load of kit u got.....The Canna terra nutrients are all i used ,,starting on vega and switching to flores 2weeks after switching to 12/12 and have had some good results... you will need good ventilation to run hid lighting in a small space.

Good luck

3. Very difficult with a 400wat HPS or MH to control temps and humidity levels in a space that small :(, most likely you'll get a crozled plant...
    You'll need a fan running all the time and some major creative extraction system, PH is tested with a Manual Kit bought for a couple of dollars or a more perminant thing is a digital meter but they arn't cheap.

You dont need anymore lighting mate, i have a 200watt enviro and it does the trick, how many plants are you growing in the area? As for Nutrients - Use what you got and sort any problems out later - The nutes you got should be ok, i cant see you having any problems.

I would reccomend LST for small areas and the bigger the pot the better.

Hope this helps

4. thanks for your replys guys

well i havent built my grow room yet but what size would you recommend.
    also what is lst cos i havnt got a clue lol.

5. also the pots what im using to transplant the seedlings into are 10ltr pots. Do you think they are to big or should i buy smaller ones.

The other pots are a ok size for seedlings/vegging there about quarter the size of the big ones.

Should i use the bat guano in the flowering stage also.

6. Im thinking about doing a scrog with about maybe 4-6 plants but dont know what size room to make for them to go into.

7. I would start with the NL you got, hardy strain can take some abuse and easy to grow. I don't know anything about wonder woman though.

8. Sorry for the late reply - I presume you have fired up the HPS system to check it works - i have a 600wat HPS and tried using it in a Double wardrobe approx 2meters Wide 1.5 Meters deep and 7 foot high and still had temps around 100'f which wasnt the problem it was the humidity

As for pot size 10 gallon is ample, i use 2gallon to transplant into for veg and flowering i transplant into a 5 gallon pot - i find transplanting causes no harm or severe shock unless something goes wrong, and theres nothing wrong with fresh soil - you will have good results with transplants and a good growth boost after the first settlement period (About 3 - 4 Days)

If your growing singles go straight to the Wonder woman - any harvest is better than no harvest and after all its the ladies your after ;).
    The northern lights will be a mixed bag of males/females... if you have an area out side secure grow one when the other is half way through harvest - that way you'll get 4 weeks minimum of growth before bringing it inside to flower.
    If you have a separate veg area then i would advise cloning, you need rooting gell or powder, space or place to veg your clones and thats it - good results and Sea of Green is the best method for speedy yet continuous crop :D

9. Thanks again guys for your replys

Well im definitly starting off with the wonder woman as they are feminized so i dont need to worry about getting any males then maybe do a grow with the northern lights

what do you reckon to this maybe i grow the wonder woman then clone, after grow the northern lights if no females breed with the best nl male.

im gonna start a grow journal as soon as i get everything up and running so i hope you's look out for it when i start.

think about doing a scrog with the wonder woman, grow room size i reckon will be about 1.2m x 1.2m x 1.8m. What do you reckon to this size for a scrog grow.

how tall should the plants be for a scrog as i havent got a clue.

10. hi guys this is a design of my scrog box what u reckon.

Attached Files:

11. Just add two or more intake holes the same dimension or larger then the size of your outlet fan and you have your self a winner. the easier it is for your fan to suck air out of your box the cooler it is going to be for your plants.

12. thanks olmeca for the reply

I need all the help i can get.

Im Gonna keep you all updated on this grow when i start it. Im gonna just get as much info as i can first so im prepared :)

Also i dont know whether to make the box out of mdf or make a frame and cover in mylar or some sort of reflective sheeting.

what you reckon ?