Noobie grower, i have many questions.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by poptart420, Jan 4, 2009.

1. So i plan on growing just one or two plants in a closet, but i have no idea what i need to do for lighting. How many lights? and also watts and such. i know i need a fan to control temp. But what about smell, will moth balls work? Asnwers much appreciated :D

2. Read the growing stickies....

3. -Grow more than one just incase you have a male.
    -more light is better as long as you can maintain a temp of 68...ish
    -if you are using a larger space try a 400w or 600w high intensity discharge light such as metal halide or high presure sodium, or if you can both. mh fo veg and hps for flowering
    -if you are using a closet try using a few compact flourescents(fhd makes a grow specific compact flourescent) or get a four foot tube flourescent fixture and use either a grow type bulb or if thats too expensive try a cool white tube and a warm white tube this combo will work fine, but the more lumens the better just remember to maitain the temperature.
    -its not as difficult as it might seem the key is to not get overwhelmed with technical stuff, and to remember everyone has to start somewhere. so get those seeds down and have fun.