noob

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by macadamia, Jan 12, 2009.

1. okay so I have most of my set up....I have a box thats 4 foot tall 2 foot deep and 3 foot across.....I want 2 plants that I have under 2 cfl thats I think are 100w also have a fan in the box but going to make some old xboxs fans into some fresh air intake fans.....I am going to wrap the inside of the box with saran wrap to help with smell and then aluminfoil to help keep it warmer then with white poster board I was also going with a characol filter for smell but figured those two layers might help going to finish up the box this week and probably start the seeds in soil this weekend any suggestions???

2. I am sure that when you say 100w CFLs that you mean equivalent watts, so the actual wattage is around 23-25w per bulb. If so, you need a bare minimum of 4 per plant IMO, more would be better.

With ventilation, you're talking about intake but what about exhaust? You need a good fan to pull air out of there.

I don't understand why you want to wrap your grow space with saran wrap and aluminum foil. That won't do anything that I am aware of to stop the odor. Paint the inside of your space with bright flat white paint or else line it with mylar or panda film.

3. I am pretty sure there a 100w per bulb.

The fan I was going to wire up has 2 blades one for pulling air in and another for pushing air out and I also have another bigger fan inside the cabinet.

I figured the 2 layers of saran wrap and then foil would help keep the smell out a little I know its hard to do and also keep it warmer inside then I was going to put up white poster board around the inside for reflection.

4. Forget about the saran wrap and alum foil imo..Look into odor control methods, there are plenty of ways to keep it under control