Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Noob with a question

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Rober5555, Aug 23, 2015.

1. #1 Rober5555, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2015
    So I have been using pot for about 3 months now for medical reasons. I have came off my blood pressure medication after being on it for 7 years and my IBS has improved significantly after using weed. One of my main questions is about tolerance. The first time I smoked I did 2 bong hits and 2 hits of hash with a friend who knows all about marijuana and has been smoking for years. I got high but do not think I got blazed or baked. The second time I smoked pot I did 2 bong hits, but did not feel anything at all. We all did 2 bong hits and my friends were saying how high they were and I just didnt feel anything. Is my tolerance level just super high or what?

I got myself a pipe and packed a bowl and sometimes I would feel a little something and some nights I wouldn't. I have been smoking every day for about 3 months now, but did take a week off when I went on vacation. I did this for about a month and my lovely wife surprised me with a volcano vaporizer for my birthday after I hinted at what I wanted. So I got myself a volcano vaporizer and thought I was about to get super high, but I smoked one bag with the easy valve and didn't feel anything. I was extremely disappointed the first time I used it. I have used it for the last 2 months and its the same way it was with the pipe. Sometimes I feel a little something and sometimes I don't. I smoke one entire bag every night a couple hours before bed, but it just doesnt seem to do anything for my mind. Its in my system because I have noticed a big difference in my IBS and blood pressure, but I just dont get high. The other night I did 2 bags on the volcano vaporizer and thought I was about to get messed up, but after about 20 minutes I got very sick to my stomach and actually threw up. After I threw up I felt completely normal again and it seemed like I didn't smoke. My eyes also turn very pink, but it just doesnt seem to impact my mind at all. Am I doing something wrong or is my tolerance level just off the charts?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Odd, I was going to suggest try concentrates but seems like you already tried that.
    Your pieces are clean of resin, right?
    Try edibles.

3. Maybe your weed isn't very good. Try finding better or just try smoking more

• Like Like x 1
  4. Try different weed. Are you sure you're even inhaling properly?

• Like Like x 2
  5. #5 As Above So Below, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2015
    Stop smoking with friends for now. Get yourself a bong , some nice weed , and smoke by yourself. When you smoke with friends you get this weird feeling of I must be high.

Smoke by yourself.

Find a good TV show to watch , get some good weed and a nice bong/pipe , and just take a few hits every now and then until you feel it.

Stop worrying about how long it takes to get high. Its like , when I take vodka shots by myself , I don't feel anything immediately. But give it a good 15-20 minutes and you can feel it. Same with weed.

Its better to start smoking by yourself so you can see what it feels like and what your baseline is. Not only will you feel more comfortable but once you do go out with friends you will have a basic idea of how much you smoke. IDK about your friends , but we always hated the hardcore stoners. The people that would just smoke and smoke and get fucked up... Its not cool. Find how much it takes to get you pretty buzzed / high and stop. Me and my friends actually respected people more because of that. We would only smoke a few bowls and we would all be good and we could actually go do something because we knew we were high. But then there is that one dude who is a fiend and just wants to sit there and smoke the whole sack... Not cool at all...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hold it till you can't hold it anymore.

Tried that? If so, no clue.