Noob to growing. lighting questions and such.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by gnartattoo89, Apr 7, 2011.

1. currently i have 2, 65watt gro lights on 2 pots inside of a 6x3 foot grow box. i have the lights about 8 inches or so away from the plants and have been watering them whenever the soil gets dry. right now i am at 5 days and the plants are about 3 inches long with their 2 Cotyledons and 2 actual leaves. on one of the plants the Cotyledons are shriveling up a little bit.

now, my actual question is: what am i supposed to do for lighting now? because i have read that the grow lights i have aren't good enough, but i don't really want to get HPS or any other fancy lights because im trying to stay lowpro and not get too complicated, but i want to best for them so if i have to i will, but is there a better setup that i can just get from Lowes?

Also, any advice would be appreciated. and one ore thing, i am watering them with mineral added baby water with no added flourine. is that good?

they seem to be great right now, but i really don't know my ass from a healthy plant. thanks a lot guys.