Noob ?s please look you were here once

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Towely, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Ok ive read till i cant read any more . i wanna do a indoor grow ive read how to set soil up, lights etc.Im clear on that .
    I was thinking of growing hollands hope its an outdoor type,But can i grow it indoors
    Also y is the yeild greater if grown outdoors.
    Should I start with bag seeds or go for some seeds of the net right away. I want good stuff.
    Now the pics of the online plants will they come out like that ? If i order seeds from online?
    Whats the differnce between a plant vegging and flowing , Y would i want it to be in one state more thatn an other ?.
    Also what are trichs, are those the crystals that are on some types of buds? If not how do i get my buds full of those cyrstals ill be growing?
    Whats the coldest climate MARIJUANA grows in also my grow will be in my shed and i live in north america, I will buy heaters if I must.

Please help me , Ide hate to screw this up.

2. Id do bagseed for your first, then buy some nice seeds with good genes.
    Pictures on the site are of the acutal plant. Yield, color, acutall look depends greatly on grow mediums though
    Vegging is the plant growth from seed to maturity (11-13") Flowering is when the plant starts to bud and show sex (change of light scheduales)
    Trichs are the little white sacs you see on the leaves/buds. 50% amber, 50% cloudy then harvest
    Between 70-80 degrees F.

Good luck! :D

3. Ok so by looking at Trichs i can tell when its time to harvest. Do I have this right?
    I was thinking of growing hollands hope its an outdoor type,But can i grow it indoors
    Also y is the yeild greater if grown outdoors.

4. Depends on the conditions where you are, which you don´t really tell us.

White widow for instance is an indoor type in Holland, but grows great outdoors in my warm, sunny climate. And yes, you always get a MUCH higher yield outdoor.

5. so how north american are you? canada, new england, northwest, where?

im on bagseed because this is my second grow cause i messed the first one up. i plan on dr.chronic comin through for my summer grow outdoors that i plan to start inside.

like it was said before the plant depends on how its grown. the highs should be the same and the relative look of the plants, but there are no guarantees
    , it also depends on where you get your seeds from, check the seed bank threads to get a better feeling for the sites. they also come with no guarentees.

vegging is the plant stage where it grows leaves and grows height.
    flowering is where the sex can be determined and is acheived by changing the lighting schedule as it would in nature.

also the type of lighting and the size of the space along with temperature determines how the plants will turn out. is the shed insulated or just plywood? because it may not be cost effective to grow in an outdoor shed in the winter...

6. I live near you one state to the right
    Ok I have my own house neighbors arnt a big deal so ill use one of my rooms.

Also are you telling me that by the amount of light i give the plant determs the sex?

7. you might try answering the rest of the setup questions then?

8. Well nothing has been bought yet so the setup isnt complete , yes the room in my house will be insulated and heated 12x18 10 feet high . im not trying to go crazy Im gunna do one plant to start off . thanks for all the replys

9. I think the poster meant that you can TELL what the sex is at certain lighting regimes. It is determined when you get the seed.

10. well spanish, thats not the answer i gave him he interperted it wrong. as i said changing the light schedule to 12 hours of light and 12 hours of dark will change the plant stage to flowering. each plant will begin to flower, males and females have different characteristics that will show after you change to 12/12.

glad you went with the inside for the grow, wish i could come help you out in person with your setup. cause an indoor house grow would be nice to see.

11. Hey this is all good info thanks for the replies and spanish thankyou for clearing that up for me .

12. I would recommend that you go back and reread some grow journals, all of the Q's you asked are answered there. As you haven't mentioned light, let me recommend that you get a 400 watt HPS/MH conversion light and get the right soil if you going that route, plus a PH meter.

13. i'll give you a quick setup you can throw together, all you need is a few things:

fem seeds 4 pack of ice or whatever you prefer
    large pot about 2-4 gals
    sta potting mix at lowes
    some high N nutes for veg
    some high P nutes for flower
    125-400W hps/mh switchable or CFLS
    mylar
    understand vokals lst method

once you have this stuff down you can pretty much get a nice plant going and produce at nice couple ounces out of one giant plant

14. I am with chimera, get a HPS/MH conversion light. It might be more $$ at first then you want to spend but its going to be worth it because you will find yourself wanting one. I know I am kicking myself for not get one myself. Also if you are going to do this I would plant at least 3-4 plants so that you know one will be a female. its a 50-50 chance the will be males. Good luck man!

15. Well as far as lighting i was looking into Led spot light ,Ive read for every two reds you need 1 blue . This seems cost effcient .
    Also itll produce as much light or more for the same cost ,but theres not much on the net to read abought them.
    First off i need to grow a plant to make shure I can grow one with out screwing one up.

I havent mentioned soil or light ing because there a million setups that pretty much look dummy proff so i was just gunna go with one that was proven to work. thanks for the replies

16. On your setup you also will need fans, both for air circulation and for stem strength, pH meter, thermometer, RH meter, a pocket microscope, and then for curing a bunch of mason jars.

17. since i havent built my setup would the bubble bucket method be more worth it since im looking for maxium yeild, and best product .
    Ive nothing but good results abought this?

18. Led Lights No Good M8 Its All About The Intensity Of The Light U Need Mor Blue Light For Veg Witch U Keep On 18/6 Tilll Ur Happy With Ur Overall Plant Size And Ur In Controll Of When To Flower The Plant By Putting It On 12/12 The Bigger U Veg Ur Plant The More Smoke U Get But Some People Rush It And Turn There Lights Onto 12/12 After The First Few Weeks But If Ur Growing From Seed U Must Make Sure They Are Atleast 6 Weeks Old To Make Sure They Av Had The Rite Amount Of Nutrients

HPS SODIUM LAMPS ONOTHER WORDS ARE GOOD FOR ALL ROUND VEG AND FLOWER

19. Bubble buckets are great, however, you will need to monitor them very closely as the PH and nutes can get out of wack in as little as one day. If you are going with this method and want help PM me and I'll walk you through my setup.

20. ill be sending you a pm later on , I bought most of the setup tonight.

Any body have opoins on what type of nutes to use ?