noob questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by JaniceTheWhite, Aug 21, 2012.

1. I just bought a bag of soil yesterday to start some seeds, but I decided to wait a while until the weather gets a bit better here. As I have to start them outside. The thing is I already planted 5 yesterday in little plastic pots. Would it be ok to just take out the seeds (and check them away) and put the soil back in the bag for now? And can I just leave an open bag of soil in my car trunk or lying around somewhere or will it go bad in any way? Sorry they are really dumb questions but I dont know anything about soil or growing lol:p

2. I wouldn't take the seeds out, if they've got wet they may have already started to germinate. Try covering them with a clear bottle cut in half or something until the weather improves. As for the soil, that won't come to any harm but it may spray all over your trunk if you drive with it in there lol.

3. Im not worried about losing the seeds or anything though, would the soil from those pots be no good now after its started to germinate in there?

4. Nah soil will be fine. Chuck the seeds then, I just didn't know whether you paid a lot of money for them or not. Or you could just leave them and see how they turn out.

5. Where do you live? There might have to wait till next year unless you live somewhere warm all year round.

6. Thanks :) they were just bagseed anyway. Im gona try get ahold of some quality seeds and do more research to start over properly.

7. I actually put half a clear bottle over just 1 of them like you said, it fits over pretty airtight on the pot lol. Is it ok to leave it there for a bit after it sprouts too or will it need air?

8. Yeah it needs air every day in fact after a few days you will probably need to poke some holes in it to allow air exchange.