Noob questions, any help appreiated

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by paaperplaanes, Apr 24, 2012.

1. So im a noobie, first time grower and i have a few questions.

i dont have any legit, medical seeds, for my first grow. im just hoping to get lucky off some bag seeds. so im wondering..

1. seeds from middies = mid grade plant? seeds from goods = good grade plant?
    2. will i have any luck outside in a wooded area growing a plant?

thanks.

2. 1. Good luck guessing. Seeds can produce many different phenotypes from the same mother and father. It's no different than any other species on this planet. Compare it to humans. 2 ugly people can occasionally produce an attractive child. Marijuana is no different. Best chance when running most seeds, even medical seeds, is to plant a large number of them. From there, you can separate your males, if you're into breeding, or chop them. Once you've got all your females, take a clone and mark them. Flower your cloned mothers and choose which is the best smoke. From there on out, just grow from clones!

2. Possibly. It depends on a lot of environmental factors. You'll want as much sun as you can get, so sometimes a canopy can drown out light to the woods floor pretty well. Although, find a river/pond and plant near it if you can. Usually there isn't any canopy over water ways unless they are small. Plus, nobody wants to be carrying water 3 miles to water their plants. For best results, you could mix soil with the dirt and plant the marijuana in it. I don't advise just using dirt for marijuana, it's not suitable most of the time.

3. thanks man!
    also, i read somewhere that the seeds should be dark in order to grow right.. so is it true dark seeds = ripe/ready seeds?

4. Usually, it's a good sign. And you will always get better results from shwag seeds than the weed you got them from. That stuff was pollinated, compressed into a brick, and shipped from who knows where. It's crap by the time you get it. Do it right yourself and you'll see what that shitty weed should have been.

5. many thanks for all the help! ^