Noob Question

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by jdub92524, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Im using a coco coir lava rock perlite mixture in 3 gallon smart pots. My question is should I water the plants until water comes out the bottom of the pot or is that to much??

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. yes, water until you get some runoff

helps ensure that there is no buildup of salts from the nutrients

3. Ok that's what I thought thank you!

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I water every 3rd day with 30% runoff for my flowering girls,and I bottom feed the vegging girls.bottom feeding is the shit,way easier to manage.

5. I run with 60/30 coco/perlite  and water to 10-20% run off every 48hrs.  unless your SCROGGING,  pick um up!  if the girls are drinking, the pots will feel light.  Give um a good soak then.  Gotta learn to read your system. You will get a suitable schedule down within a few weeks...  I would also seed your mix with some Mycorrhiza also.  

6. You basically can't overwater in your situation.  Always water until you get a little runoff, then let the mixture drain itself.  Perfect!

FYI,  a lot of my "hydro medium" ends up being a mixture of coco, hydroton, perlite, lava rocks, etc.  Everything tends to homogenize over time, and it ends up working quite well!