Noob question please help?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Rcamillo617, Jul 12, 2011.

1. I read the guide to growing about a week ago and had no clue what anything meant so i started browsing the forums to get fimiliar now i have learned a good amount and understand a lot more. i just reread the guide to growing and im writing down what i need to get and it said "add 1 tbsp of lime per every gallon of soil" i was wondering what lime is and a brand of it that i could find somewhere local like home depot. thanks for the help in advance :D

2. bump......anyone?

3. I don't think thats important, I've never had to use it, I would just skip it

4. should i just use organic miracle gro soil with perlite being the only additive?

5. #6 kakalvlvinin, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Dont use mg anything bug perlite, they have frets in the soil that's not good for mj's roots

6. go to walmart and get pearlite Dolomitic Lime and some good potting soil like sphangnum peat moss all this you can get at walmart.. depending on where you live.. i live in alabama and got all these the only thing i need is worm castings...you need that

7. get fox farm ocean forest. everybody raves about it. and the lime is only really used if you make your own soil. i think it brings the ph up. and some sort of acid brings it down. but yea, you dont really need it.

8. yeah foxfarm is defiantly recommended to grow your bud in it's set ph level is right on where the bud needs it to be not alot of stores sell it where i live but you can find some stores if you go to http://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/distributors/